The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peavey Session 115 - problem
Sven Kontio

Sweden
Post  Posted 2 May 2022 3:51 am    

Hi guys!
First - being a Swede, excuse my lack of vocabulary... the language barrier...

Have any of you experienced the Peavey Session 115 having problem letting the PSG signal in? I have a problem where the amp doesn´t let the signal in unless I basically press the VP to the maximum level. Doing so the signal is ok and the sound quality is good, but it´s like a gate - no sound unless the signal reaches a certain level. I normally use the Hilton VP, but the same problem also exist w/ a Goodrich 120 or any other pot pedal I have. I´d appreciate any response to this matter. Over here there´s no Peavey service center available...

//Sven

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2022 8:30 am    

Let me try to understand.

Try unplugging your speaker and plug it into the 2nd channel and see if that helps. Could be a bad power amp on one side. Results?

Have you tried both of the inputs (high and low) and if so, do you get the same results?

Try plugging your cable into the PRE Effects Return jack instead of the normal input. Results?

Try plugging direct from your steel into the amp, bypassing your volume pedal. Results?

Try putting a patch cable on the back between the effects loop send/return. Be sure that you are using the same effects loop as the channel (power amp) you are using. The amp has 2 complete power amp circuits.

Last but certainly not least, have you tried a different instrument cable to be sure that you do not have a bad cable anywhere in the chain ie, steel to volume pedal, volume pedal to amp

Hopefully one of these will solve your problem. If I can be of further assistance, drop me an email bferguson1947@gmail.com
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Sven Kontio

Sweden
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2022 10:46 pm    

Thank you, Bill, for your response! Much appreciated! I will most certainy try all the different options. I’ll keep you posted!

Best regards
Sven