The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Trying to delete the lead track in a BIAB file
George Rout

St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2022 7:59 am    

I think I'm "losing it"!!!!

I have a few thousand BIAB tracks I've copied back several years ago. I call them my "house band". I use them just for my own pleasure as backing tracks playing here at home. I didn't even modify them, usually just deleted the lead track so I could play in it's place.

Here we are several year later and I cannot seem to accomplish that simple thing. I used to just mute the track and save it. I would convert it to a WAV or MP3 and away I'd go.

How can I bring a sample file to the Fourm please? Thanks.

Geo

"I play in the A Major tuning. It's fun to learn and so easy to play. It's as old as the hills....like me"

Ian Worley

Sacramento, CA
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2022 12:53 pm    

This may vary slightly depending upon which version you're running. In 2020: Right click in the Melody track (the middle area that displays the midi instrument name). Near the bottom of the pop-up menu select "Track Actions". Select "Erase Track". Click "Yes" in the confirmation pop-up. Done.

Works the same in the Soloist track.

If there was also a harmony associated with the melody you've just deleted you may get a grayed-out error message on the track. If so, just be sure harmonies are disabled for the track (Harmony>Harmony Settings> on the main menu), save the file, close BIAB, re-open the file and the track should be blank then.