The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Washburn J6 Montgomery archtop SOLD Please close
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2022 3:36 pm    

I really like this guitar, but I rarely play it. It is a 1995 model and is in Excellent condition. It has a very smooth neck and plays nicely and sounds good. The neck is very thin, which I prefer, but not to everyones taste.
I purchased it for this price about 3 years ago and am not trying to make any money on it, I just hate to see it sit there and not be used. Feel free to ask questions...btw the last picture the coloring is quite different from the rest, but the coloring of that picture is not very accurate...it is more red as the other pictures show. The last picture is one I took, the others are from reverb from the previous owner. The guitar is NOT a left handed guitar as the last picture would have you believe. Buyer to pay actual shipping and insurance. If you want more pictures you could send me your phone number via PM and I can take more pictures with my cell phone and text them to you or I could set up a zoom session for you to see and hear it. A few years ago, I would have stuck my nose up at a Washburn, but this guitar really is quite nice for the money. Thanks for looking.

Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Last edited by Larry Lenhart on 31 Mar 2022 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2022 6:28 pm    

No interest in this guitar...I will leave it up until March 12 and then take it down...leaving for Arizona and dont wish to take it with me
Thanks for looking.
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2022 6:43 pm    

This is a lot of guitar for the money. Ornately appointed with binding and MOP. Big 3 3/8 in. body for that big jazz sound, yet versatile enough for all music with the double HB pickups.

Washburn's been around for many years and these guitars are great sounding and playing instruments that will serve a player well for many years.

This one appears to be in really nice condition too with some nice figure on the body and a nice TKL case as well.

I already have an instrument that is very similar or I might be interested.

Don't be disappointed if it doesn't sell Larry, you'll never be able to replace it for what your are selling it. 👌

Chris Brooks

Providence, Rhode Island
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2022 6:26 am    

I have a (blonde) J6. Excellent instrument, very well made.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2022 6:31 am    

Thanks Jerry for your input...you have always been a good friend to me over the miles thru the forum. I agree with everything that you said, and if it doesnt sell I will just keep it for now. I have a vintage Ibanez that is an L5 copy from 1976 and I wont part with that guitar...I also have an Eastman 610 I think it is that is a great archtop acoustic that I wont part with either ! My favorite guitars have long been archtops and over the years I have owned a Gibson Es175, a johnny smith model, and a Super 400-all guitars I should have kept !

thanks again and I hope you are doing well !

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2022 6:56 am    

Chris Brooks wrote:
I have a (blonde) J6. Excellent instrument, very well made.

I have one too that I'm keeping. Not the Montgomery model, but very nice still.

Fred Martin

Phoenix, Az
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2022 3:57 pm     Washburn

Hey Larry,
Interested in your Washburn. Any chance of you tying it on the bumper or something to get it out here when you come out to pick up your C6. Send me a note, lost your contacts I guess.

fmartin01@msn.com

Later,
Fred

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2022 5:43 am    

The Washburn is on hold for now pending Freds decision on it next week...if sale falls thru, I will revise listing and let you know.

Thanks for the interest and the comments on the guitar...it is a really nice guitar, and I might regret selling it, but I have several other archtops that I play more.
Thanks

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2022 7:53 pm    

Sold, please close