The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dallas Show - Larry Toliver Seminars 10th/11th 9 til noon
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 21 Feb 2022 8:59 pm    

Hello fellow steelers!!
I am sure excited about the Dallas Steel Show this year. As always, I will be teaching a beginners E9th seminar 9 til noon and a beginners No Pedal E13th also 9 til noon. We will cover everything you need to get started right (or even if you've been playing awhile) and get the basics down where you can proceed and excel instead of stall out! I do want to restate...Even if you've been playing for several years but just can't get going like you want...this is your class too. The songs and booklets have stuff that I will play on the show for my students to hear live. We will cover items like: tuning, bar technique, pressure, vibrato, etc, picks(shaping them, etc), hand position, blocking (various ways), chords (majors, minors, diminished, augmented, 7ths, etc), volume pedal technique, sustain, slides, tuning your pedals, and on and on. I will as always have booklets with tablature (i'll show you how), cds with the songs i'll give you plus the tracks to the songs. I'll have exercises to go over, several songs, licks you've always heard and wanted to play, and I always allow any student to call me and ask any questions as long as I live. (hopefully a good while longer) I've taught at The Dallas show for years and the Phoenix show for years, and other shows as well. The class cost is $35.00 and you can pay now or at the door. Call me or email me and I"ll put your name down if you're serious about attending. I'll need a heads up that you are coming so I can have enough booklets and cd's prepared. I've had 40 students before in the room, and I'll allow your steels if you have a headphone amp and can mute it. I will of course demo all the material and how it should sound and have the cds too. You are also welcome to video the class or I'll do certain things and let you video them close up. I will answer all your questions and hopefully have a good response. Email me or call me in the evenings after 530 if you would like if you have any questions. I'll be glad to help. You can always respond in this post and I'll be happy to reply. Hope to see you there!!!
No Pedal steel class 9am til noon Thursday the 10th
E9th steel class 9am til noon Friday the 11th

Larry Toliver
cell 325.518.3947
larrytoliver@windstream.net

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2022 6:53 am    

Larry does a great job in his class. I have only stepped in and saw bits and pieces, as I am always on stage or in the sound booth on Fridays.

OK, Larry. Here is your chance to not only buy me a steak (hehe) or hamburger, but I would like a copy of your stuff to bring home. I'm getting stale and need some fresh ideas.
Heck, I might even pull out my Session 115 (hint).

Love ya pal
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 23 Feb 2022 8:03 am    

Hey Bill,
You got it, you just name it, and its yours!
Thanks for all you have done for me!

LT

Jeffrey Campbell

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2022 6:49 am    

I’ll be there Thursday!

Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 5 Mar 2022 4:44 pm    

Sounds Good Jeffrey! See you then.

By the way, if you are coming to the E9th class or No pedal class, go ahead and bring your steel if you'd like, but bring headphones so you can be muted. It looks like we'll have 10 to 15 students in E9th and about 8 to 10 in No Pedal.
See Y'all there!

Larry Toliver....I'm Fired up about the SHOW!!!

Jeffrey Campbell

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2022 2:38 pm    

Thanks Larry! I learned a lot today.