The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Burak Fiddle/Violin
Chuck Hamilton

Flower Mound, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2022 11:43 am    

Here is an American made, Wayne Burak 4/4 violin from 2018, in excellent condition. This is an exceptionally fine grade instrument, handmade in Wayne Burak and Associates shop in Arlington, Texas.

Price: $1,700 plus costs and risks of shipping by whatever means you prefer.

The late Mr. Burak graduated from the Eastman School of Music with a Master’s in music performance, performed with the Rochester Philharmonic and toured with Chuck Mangione in the early 1980s. From 1982-1995, he was Principal cellist of the Fort Worth Chamber and Symphony Orchestra.
Known for his performances as a principal cellist, In time, he turned his attention to the manufacture of high quality instruments from the classical string family, built on lines from the Italian masters, for the advanced student and professional player. His cellos have been used by the likes of Yo Yo Ma, among others.
As you will see from the photos, this violin is beautifully appointed and has been well maintained. There are no cracks, dings or open seams in the instrument, the action is fast, the tuning pegs snug. I added new locking pegs for ease of tuning. The sound of the instrument (always difficult to define as it is subjective to the listener) I found to be crisp and focused, with a purity of tone not muddied by any irregular overtones.
It is beautiful and finished in a way to give the instrument a vintage look.
It is hard to find a lot of these instruments for sale, but you can find violin shops on the internet selling Burak violins for $5000-$6000. You can check Burak’s website at wayneburakmusic.com/ and on Facebook.
This violin comes as shown, in a padded case. I will include bows, rosin, shoulder rest, mute, etc.

Price: $1700 (reduced from $2500) + costs and risks of shipping.

Nick Koff

Lost Angeles, California
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2022 9:55 pm    

I like it. It's making me sort of wish I could play one again; it's been almost 45 years since I last played one...