The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  My version of Jones On The Jukebox
Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2023 8:40 am    

Thinking about George Jones and Becky Hobbs tonight. Produced in my studio using BIAB, MIDI sequencing, Emmons PP, Quilter Superblock direct in, Boss RV3, Warm Audio WA73 Mic Pre, Audio Technica 4047 Large Condenser, WA84 Small Condenser, Yamaha Keyboard, American Standard Telecaster direct in, Glasser Carbon Fiber fiddle recorded with microphone. Various plugin EQ, Compressors, Reverb, etc... Audio is recorded and edited with Presonus Studio One, Video is Movavi Video Editor.

https://youtu.be/XcqH8zOom4o

RC

Jim Fogle

North Carolina, Winston-Salem, USA
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2023 7:20 am    

Great song well done. I see you are testing out some new video moves by adding some graphics throughout the video. I noticed the video has more than 370 views when I saw it so it looks like you're reaching more people. That's great
Cakewalk by Bandlab Computer DAW
Zoom MRS-8 8 Track Hardware DAW

Carl Williams

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2023 2:52 pm     Juke Box Special

Love it Rick…you nailed it once again! Sure miss the ‘Ol Possum…You may not be able to fill his shoes, but you definitely have a “foot in the door” 😉👍

Last edited by Carl Williams on 21 Mar 2023 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2023 6:08 pm     Re: Juke Box Special

Carl Williams wrote:
Love it Rick…you nailed it once again! Sure miss the ‘Ol Possum…You may not be able to fill his shoes, but you’ve definitely have a “foot in the door” 😉👍

Carl,

That's such a nice thing to say. I don't think anybody could fill the possums shoes. I'm not even sure he would be comfortable in today's country market. It seems that the industry is very good at creating new genres as the music progresses. What they don't seem to be good at is creating new names to go with it.... they just call everything "country". I'm retired. It's a hobby and I'm just trying to do some real country, and not just the same songs that you hear most of the weekend bands doing. Glad you liked it. I'm working on a couple of new ones that I hope to finish soon.

RC