The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Need schematic for Nashville 1000
John Sims

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2021 8:54 am    

Would anyone happen to have a schematic for a Nashville 1000 amp? I have the preamp section (from an N 112 found on the SGF) however I am hearing some popping sounds that sound more like a power supply capacitor than a volume pedal, bad connection, etc. I have reached out to Peavey with no response. Any help is appreciated!

John

Steelin' is a way of life!

1997 Carter U-12 Double Body-Natural Birdseye Maple-8p/5k, Peavey Nashville 1000 Amp, Goodrich L10K Vol. Pedal, Boss DD-3 Delay, Boss CE-5 Chorus, Behringer UMC-204HD Audio Interface, AKAI MPK Mini MK3 Professional Midi Keyboard/Controller, Gretsch Bobtail Resonator, Fender Banjo, Rondo SX Lap Steel (C6), DIY Lap Steel (Open D), a few Mojo Hand Cigar Box Guitars (MojoHandGuitars.com).

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2021 9:51 am     Here's the link, it's safe.

https://www.audioservicemanuals.com/p/peavey/peavey-nashville/1335303-peavey-nashville-112-service-manual

John Sims

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2021 10:54 am    

Thanks Larry Very Happy , I don't think the power amp section is the same as an N112 as it is on an N1000. I read that the preamp section is the same and it does state so on the schematic.

John

1997 Carter U-12 Double Body-Natural Birdseye Maple-8p/5k, Peavey Nashville 1000 Amp, Goodrich L10K Vol. Pedal, Boss DD-3 Delay, Boss CE-5 Chorus, Behringer UMC-204HD Audio Interface, AKAI MPK Mini MK3 Professional Midi Keyboard/Controller, Gretsch Bobtail Resonator, Fender Banjo, Rondo SX Lap Steel (C6), DIY Lap Steel (Open D), a few Mojo Hand Cigar Box Guitars (MojoHandGuitars.com).

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2021 1:10 pm    

John, probably correct. The 1000 has way more output power.

John Sims

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2021 4:27 pm    

Larry Dering wrote:
John, probably correct. The 1000 has way more output power.

Thanks Larry! It is definitely a different power amp circuit, and as an electronics technician for most of my life and an Electrical Engineer, I prefer a schematic. In fact, the N112 schematic states that the preamp is a Nashville 1000. I don't know what ever happened to Mike Brown, but I got no reply from him. I hope he is well as he is a great contributor to the Steeler industry. However, I have no issues with having to create a schematic on my own, but would rather not if possible. I want to be able to troubleshoot this 'popping' issue without having to blindly replace capacitors. I have all of the tools to troubleshoot the circuit board and repair it, however, I just can't make the time now to do so. If I can isolate the issue with the proper schematic, it may save me time and money. I am going to try to isolate the issue however I have found that it seems to be post-preamp issues, which leads me to believe that it's the power amp circuit. As an electronics component level repair tech, troubleshooter and design engineer for most of my life, I prefer the docs to be able to deduce the symptoms based on the actual circuit and not on a whim. I am not a 'shotgunner' technician and hopefully I will find the issue. I'm going to back up on my troubleshooting method and also check my volume pedal and stomp boxes and cables for loose connections internally, dirty pots, jacks, etc. I just changed the battery in my L10K pedal however I sometimes get the random 'pop' when slamming the pedal to full volume, which is concerning. I'll figure it out. Also, and I just ordered 5 IC Op Amp chips (Burr Brown OPA2134PA) from Jameson and I am going to try them in my Nashville 1000 amp to see if there is any difference in the tone and amp response/noise floor. At that time I will hopefully be able to troubleshoot the power amp circuit while I have it apart. It could be a simple issue as it pops for a few minutes once I turn it on, and when it warms up, it goes away which is definitely a clue...I love my N1000 and have it dialed in, and would hate to give it up and start over if you know what I mean!

John

Bill A. Moore

Silver City, New Mexico, USA
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2021 4:59 pm    

John, I have changed to the BB chips in a few Peavey amps, and I think the noise floor is lower, and tone sweeter. I have decided that reverb is better with the originals.

John Sims

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2021 5:18 pm    

Thanks Bill for the observation! I have a hunch that the same op amp chips in the original/factory preamp circuit are the same in the reverb circuit based on the N112 schematic (which seems to be the same as the N1000). I only purchased 5 chips for the preamp and will experiment with those. I'm so close to the tone I want but will keep fiddling with it! I am going to check my serial number to see if I have the 2 spring or 3 spring reverb on the Peavey website. I want to say that I remember it's the 3 spring reverb. Hopefully the Peavey website serial number will help me. I have also read somewhere on the forum that the 3 spring reverb was installed in the 2003 and higher models.

John

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2021 5:59 pm    

John, I replaced my spring reverb and a few pots on my 1000 last year. I am happy with the reverb. I will look up the pan I ordered and send you the part number. I believe Ken Fox posted the numbers on an earlier thread. There is an online site that sells OEM schematics for peavey. Unless someone has it you can get one there. Mike Brown was let go in the closing of Peaveys plant. Again that is old news posted way back before covid19.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2021 3:23 am    

What I remember the power supply is a switching type and will cause RFI.

I replaced all 5 chips with the OPA214's. A very positive upgrade. Mine was a later model with 3 spring but still a typical Peavey reverb so I always used an external reverb, can't say what the chip did for the reverb.

John Sims

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2021 6:01 am    

Thanks Larry and Jack! I haven't been on here for a while. Sorry to hear about Mr. Brown. I will have to do a search for the schematic. Also, I am going to have to search my serial number to see if I have the 3 spring reverb. I know Peavey has a serial number lookup but now I can't find it on their website. Mine is S/N 10512619, and I read somewhere on the forum that the N1000's have the 3 spring reverb starting in 2003. I'll report back on the results once I do the chip swap...Thanks guys!

John

Roy McKinney

Ontario, OR
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2021 6:26 am    

I have schematics for the S2000. I think it is suppose to be the same as the 1000, only difference supposedly is the profex addition to the 2000.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2021 6:35 am    

The power amp section of the NV1000 should be the same as the 2000. Both are digital power amps. They are NOT the same as the NV112, which is analog.

The preamps of the NV112 and NV1000 should be the same.

As far as Mike Brown. I talk to him regularly and he is doing fine.
He was close to retirement when Peavey downsized. He did not lose his retirement.

He got another job for a while but now, he has joined the ranks of us "older" guys and is fully retired and doing lots of fishing and picking.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

John Sims

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2021 7:24 am    

Roy McKinney wrote:
I have schematics for the S2000. I think it is suppose to be the same as the 1000, only difference supposedly is the profex addition to the 2000.

Hi Roy! I'd sure like a copy. Let me know how I can get it. Mu email is johnsims at bellsouth.net

Bill, thanks for the update on Mike and I hope he is doing well.

John

Roy McKinney

Ontario, OR
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2021 7:33 am    

John,sent you private message.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2021 9:58 am    

The effects unit in the 2000 was the later Transtubefex, not the older Profex.

The 2000 has a different preamp section with the built in effects processor/EQ, but the power supply and power amp sections are likely the same.

Roy McKinney

Ontario, OR
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2021 10:09 am    

You are correct Jack, Transtube preamp (TRNFX-04)

John Sims

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2021 6:53 pm    

Roy,

Thank you for the schematic and the parts list! Happy New Year!

John

Steven Paris

Los Angeles
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2022 1:03 am    

Bill Ferguson wrote:
As far as Mike Brown....I talk to him regularly and he is doing fine. He was close to retirement when Peavey downsized. He did not lose his retirement. He got another job for a while but now, he has joined the ranks of us "older" guys and is fully retired and doing lots of fishing and picking.

Great to hear!! Be sure to let him know that us Forumites really appreciate his contributions the pedal steel community!

John Sims

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2022 6:42 am    

Here is a link to the Peavey Nashville 1000 Amp schematic and parts list, which includes the PCB layout.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oha53meraw6ttgf/%23Nashville%201000%20Amp%20Schematic-Parts%20List-PCB%20Layout%20OCR%27d.pdf?dl=0

John

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2022 7:30 am    

Thanks John

John Sims

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2022 1:06 pm    

My pleasure Larry! And, thank you also for your comments sir! Happy New Year!

BTW, I took the amp apart, cleaned all of the dust, dead spiders and cobwebs out, sprayed all of the pots with electronic cleaner and worked them good, did the U1-U5 IC preamp mod (I used Burr-Brown OPA2134PA chips from Jameco electronics), blew out the dust inside, cleaned the jacks, did a visual inspection and put everything back together. No popping noises yet, but time will tell.

A big THANK YOU to Jerry Erikson for the schematic also! Jack & Bill, I think I agree, the tone sounds a little sweeter and the noise is definitely less than the original IC's.

John

Dwight Lewis

Huntsville, Alabama
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2022 9:15 am     Nashville 1000 schematic....BLOWN CAPACITOR

I was referred to this thread. I smoked a cap in my NV1000. Do anyone know of a good reliable electronics manufacturer of this component? These are the numbers I see on the cap....3300R80 70320132
Nichicon
3300uf
80vdc
20%
85Degrees C.

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2022 1:09 pm     Mouser electronics

https://www.mouser.com/c/passive-components/capacitors/aluminum-electrolytic-capacitors/aluminum-electrolytic-capacitors-snap-in/?capacitance=3300%20uF&maximum%20operating%20temperature=%2B%20105%20C&voltage%20rating%20dc=80%20VDC

Dwight Lewis

Huntsville, Alabama
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2022 12:20 pm     Nv1000 schematic

Thank you all for your input and this thread.

Dwight

Steven Paris

Los Angeles
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2022 2:35 pm    

If it were mine, I would go for a replacement that had higher capacitance (IF it will fit), such as
https://www.mouser.com/c/passive-components/capacitors/aluminum-electrolytic-capacitors/aluminum-electrolytic-capacitors-snap-in/?capacitance=6800%20uF&diameter=30%20mm&lead%20spacing=10%20mm&maximum%20operating%20temperature=%2B%20105%20C&voltage%20rating%20dc=80%20VDC
[/u][/i]