The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Keeley DDR Pedal - Paul Franklin Benado
Jeremy King

Rochelle, GA, USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2021 6:39 am    

I recently put together a mini pedal board and stumbled across this awesome little multi effects pedal. It’s a Delay, Drive, and Reverb pedal that is similar to the Paul Franklin Benado pedal. These are the main effects that I use and I was thrilled to find them in one small pedal for less than $200.

Anyone else using these pedals?

Greg Forsyth

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2021 3:51 pm     Keeley 15% off

Hi Jeremy,

Please let us know how you like this pedal, especially the Drive. I'm interested in the Keeley Caverns V2 pedal, with delay and reverb and don't know if I need the overdrive that comes with the DDR.

The Keeley pedals are on sale with a 15% discount across the board.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/keeley-ddr-drive-delay-reverb-effects-pedal

Jeremy King

Rochelle, GA, USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2021 3:57 pm    

I really like the drive! One side is a tube screamer and the other is a blues driver. It’s perfect for guitar and blues licks on steel. I like the plate reverb setting (my amp is a tone master twin so I like to change up from the spring reverb every now and then) and the vintage delay setting is wonderful. It has a trails feature that’s really nice. Can’t recommend Keeley pedals enough. I’ve been thinking about trying the Dark Side pedal out too.

If you end up buying a Keeley, let me know what you think about it!

Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2021 4:54 pm    

My read of the specs says that delay and reverb can't be run together, either in parallel or series, which is a showstopper for me. I'd have already gotten one of these except for that. For me, the value of a pedal like this is to completely replace my pedalboard. Otherwise, it's just another pedal with two effects that takes up the same space as two single effects on my pedalboard. I assume delay and reverb are sharing the same DSP chip? And delay and reverb share the same controls, so you have to reset when you change from one to the other? I really don't get it. I'll bet a lot of people buying these didn't realize this when they pulled the trigger.

Anyway - this is definitely not a replacement for the Benado effects unit, to me anyway.

Last edited by Dave Mudgett on 23 Nov 2021 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jeremy King

Rochelle, GA, USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2021 4:57 pm    

Yeah I wish the delay and reverb were separate… I use the reverb on my amp to account for that factor though. But it does a good job for my mini rig so I’ll take it until I can get the Paul Franklin pedal.

Steve Lipsey

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2021 7:53 pm    

Hmmm....like the Fishman ToneDeq that JD does demos for....only reverb OR delay....I like a little of both also....

Steve Spitz

New Orleans, LA, USA
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2021 4:45 pm    

Wow, I can’t understand a pedal like that not being able to run both effects concurrently.

I’ve got a Keely pedal that does both, independently, with tap tempo, and it’s great.