The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  TC Electronic BAM200?
Ben Carbone

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2021 9:56 pm    

Has anybody used one of these for steel? I saw a relatively recent sale on the forum but not a ton of info. 200 watt bass amp $169 new, I can’t see how you could go wrong with a 1x15 cab unless it’s not a good sounding amp or the EQ is unusable for steel. I love my Session 400 but my back would like a break.

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2021 8:58 pm    

Yep and I love it. I use it with a 12" closed back cabinet with an Eminence 2112 (I think) speaker and it sounds great in my opinion. I also have an open back 15" cabinet with a Telonics speaker that sounds equally as good. I have several class D amps and this is my favorite.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Karl Paulsen

Chicago
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2021 1:15 pm    

Darvin,
Do you ever use it for bass also? I've been eyeing this for a while as a back up for bass and steel.

Something tells me that someday my old Ampeg Rockebass B100R will die and replacing the amp section with one of these would probably be cheaper than any repair bill and easier on my back also.

It still feels insane to me that 200 watts can weigh only 2 pounds.

Chicago Valley Railroad. Trainspotting and Bargain Hunting...
https://chicagovalleyrailroad.blogspot.com/

Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2021 1:29 pm    

How would this compare to the Trace Elliott ELF?

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2021 3:27 pm    

Roger, I also have a TE Elf and there’s very little difference in the two, they have basically the same control, ins and outs, and output power, but the BAM is a little smaller than the Elf.

Karl, I haven’t tried the BAM with a bass. I haven’t played bass for about 7 or 8 years. I assume it would work well with a bass.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Glenn Demichele

(20mi N of) Chicago Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2021 3:35 pm    

I play bass regularly too, and the BAM200 sounds great for that too. I've been using the Elf as my PSG primary for awhile, and I like it. I've been wanting to mess with stereo, so on a flyer I bought a BAM200, and I like it slightly better - the tone controls are a bit gentler I think. I'm also happy I figured out a way to fit everything (not speakers) into my pak-a-seat. If I can sell the Elf, I'm buying another BAM200 just so I have a matching set. I also think I'm going to sell my Carvin BX-500. At least I don't have an anvil collection.