The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  NorCal steel jam & chris ivey memorial, Sat March 26, 2022
Ian Worley

Sacramento, CA
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2022 11:30 pm    

Hey b0b, thanks, it was really great to see you up in our humble little corner of the world.

Thanks to all who came - b0b, Joe Ybarra, Steve French, Dave Wren, Pete Grant, Jesse Valdez, Paul Sutherland, Jim Hankins, Larry Tracy, Ray Elzey, and to all the others who came out to hang with us. I wasn't sure what to expect as far as turnout, but the group was a good size. The space is plenty big enough for a few more players so we have room to grow if we do it again.

Big thanks to John Green, the owner of the Side Door, for sharing the space and just for his love of music and all the people who make it. The evening show was a lot of fun too, a full house to hear some great chris ivey stories and music with a number of chris' old friends and band mates. I spoke with John about doing another jam in the not too distant future, he said he enjoyed it and is game to have us do it again, perhaps sometime this fall? More to come...

David Wren

Placerville, California, USA
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2022 7:39 pm    

This was just awesome, especially for a first-time event in the Sacramento area.

Hopefully there will be a follow up steelers jam... so much fun!

Jim Hankins

Yuba City, California, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2022 4:49 pm    

Thanks Ian, and all the great steelers at the jam, great job !

Paul Sutherland

Placerville, California
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2022 10:59 pm    

Let me add my thanks to Ian, Joe, Steve, and anyone else that helped put this on. The jam went very smoothly.

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2022 6:58 am    

I want to bring some rock songs next time, and 70s country rock, and maybe an ambient space music thing. Mix it up a bit. Mr. Green

Ian Worley

Sacramento, CA
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2022 9:53 am    

Let me know what tunes you have in mind b0b and I will put it together, or if you already have band-in-a-box tracks of certain things you can email them to me along with any associated styles.

If we do it again it would be really easy for me to generate .mp3s of the BIAB tracks and post them in a dropbox folder or something so everyone could have a chance to familiarize themselves with the tunes before the jam (something I need to do myself).

I'm going to send you an email b0b, there's something unrelated I wanted to ask you too.