The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  A man and his new p2pAmps - amp!
Mike Scaggs

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2021 3:35 am    

Here is my happy friend Kevin Barber with his new p2pAmps Bad-Dawg amp. We had a good day hanging out and geeking out on tube amps etc. I also introduced Kevin to an awesome Gyro from our local greek food lunch spot. Always enjoy hanging with fellow steelers.

Cheers...

Zum double Hybrid 8x9, 64 Twin (JBLs), p2pAmps Bad-Dawg, p2pAmps Tremendous Reverb, Visit my website www.p2pamps.com

Last edited by Mike Scaggs on 22 Oct 2021 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Liam Sullins

Brookville, Ohio
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2021 4:08 am    

Killer stuff Mike! Always great when you post these things!

Mike Holder

Alabama! Home of the great “Don Helms” & his singer “Hank Williams”!
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2021 6:43 am    

Great to see this in a split head & cabinet format.

Mike Scaggs

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2021 6:44 am    

Mike Holder wrote:
Great to see this in a split head & cabinet format.

Yeah, the chassis is the same for all Bad-Dawgs so this is a matter of what each customer wants to order as far as cabinets and speakers go. Good to hear from ya Mr Mike!

Zum double Hybrid 8x9, 64 Twin (JBLs), p2pAmps Bad-Dawg, p2pAmps Tremendous Reverb, Visit my website www.p2pamps.com

Mike Holder

Alabama! Home of the great “Don Helms” & his singer “Hank Williams”!
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2021 7:26 am    

I went to the Nashville steel guitar show and everyone was excellent! Randy Beavers played his red Emmons single neck through one of your p2p amps and his sound and musicianship was off the charts! What an inspiration!

Kevin Barber

Marianna, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2021 9:27 am    

Folks, first let me say that Mike Scaggs is a class A, number 1 gem of a guy! I've never felt so welcomed and comfortable in anyone's house as I did in his. His son, Zack, is a very well mannered young man and has a good head on his shoulders. He is pursuing a career in aviation and my hat is off to him! Good job Mr. Mike!! Mr. Mike's Mom is a precious lady, and I was honored to have been able to meet and visit with her for a little while. Bless her heart, she has some of the same tendencies as my Mom. Ole Rusty dog even warmed up to me a little before I left and he let me give him some petting and attention, but only after he got the OK from Mr. Mike that is was ok for me to be there, eek!!!

Now to the amp. Mike builds top notch equipment and is VERY particular in his builds and takes great pride in making sure whatever goes out of his shop meets or exceeds his extremely high standards. I promise, NOTHING will leave his shop until it is performing PERFECTLY!!! Even if there is the tiniest thing that isn't quite right with an amp, he will meticulously go back through the entire amp and double and triple check for anything that may be causing the issue until he finds and fixes it.

I've watched videos of the amp on Youtube, NUMEROUS times, listening through good quality headphones and the amp sounded really good. Now, being in Mike's shop in person, and listening to the Bad Dawg amp live, even as good as the audio in the videos sounded, the live sound was "in your face" and the videos did NOT do the amp's sound justice at all!!!

Since I opted for just the amp head, I am currently exploring different speaker choices. Mr. Mike told me that my choice of speaker will make a difference in the tone and sound of the amp head. He made me a believer about that, as I have only tried two speakers so far. The sound quality between the speakers is a night and day difference! Mr. Mike even called me the evening after I got home to follow up on anything I may have questions or concerns about. His level of customer service, and personal attention to details he gives to people, is out of this world!

I'm confident that Mr. Mike's Bad Dawg amp head will give me many years of faithful service. THANK YOU AGAIN, MR. MIKE!!!

OH, and yes, the Greek food was GREAT!!! Thank YOU!!!

Mike Scaggs

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2021 11:46 am    

A complete heartfelt thank you sir. I highly value you as a musician, customer, and now a new friend Smile

One of the main drivers for me to build these amps is for folks like you to make music with them and ultimately make other folks happy with what you do. It makes me proud and humble to get feedback like this. Thank you and as always, Cheers!

Mike

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2021 2:33 pm