The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Aphex Aural Exciter- C2 104 Big Bottom ☆SOLD/CLOSE☆
George Redmon

Muskegon & Detroit Michigan.
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2021 6:57 pm    

☆☆☆ THIS UNIT IS SOLD $90 ☆☆☆

I'm selling my like new Aphex Aural Exciter Type C2 Model 104 with Big Bottom. Again, another one of my home studio pieces, so clean you could literally eat off it. I am the original owner, i have the sales receipt if you'd like to have it. This extraordinary unit will add clean upper harmonics to brighten the top end and the Big Bottom adds sustain and presence to enhance the low end. There are two independent channels, so you can run a stereo mix through the Aphex 104, or use the two channels as inserts on vocal and guitar tracks, etc. Operating level can be set to -10 dBu unbalanced or +4 dBu balanced. The Aphex 104 has Balanced TRS 1/4" connections. This unit will work great with your current guitar, steel guitar amp, your PA mixer, even your home entertainment system, or in a recording environment. These are similar to the BBE unit's only much better. Comes complete with the unit, the power adaptor, and the operating manual. Made in the USA, in Excellent Working & Cosmetic Condition. Looks and operates like it did when i purchased it new.

AURAL EXCITER
• Increased Presence & Clarity
• Restores Natural Brightness
• Greater Perceived Loudness
• Improved Detail and Intelligibility

BIG BOTTOM

• Deeper, More Resonant Bass
• Little or No Increase in Peak Output • Tighter Bass Articulation
• Extend Low Frequencies

There are several video's on YouTube about the Aphex Aural Exciter Type C2 Model 104 With Big Bottom.

☆☆NEW LOWER PRICE NOW JUST $90 ☆☆

$90 SHIPPING IS FREE in Lower 48 STATES ONLY. PayPal MUST ADD FEE, Money Order, Check

Last edited by George Redmon on 13 Oct 2021 5:24 pm; edited 5 times in total

George Redmon

Post  Posted 13 Aug 2021 10:51 am    

Very Happy

mtulbert

Plano, Texas 75023
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2021 6:59 am    

George

I sent you a PM

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet

George Redmon

Post  Posted 14 Aug 2021 10:14 am    

I replied, Thanks

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2021 4:19 pm    

George, did you use this with pedal steel guitar? How'd it sound?

George Redmon

Post  Posted 14 Aug 2021 7:04 pm    

Hey John, yes i did as a matter of fact, i just couldn't resist. When i did own a Peavey Nashville 112 (yes the rumors are true i did own one), i was desperate to try anything, to give me some tone with that little amp (humble apologies to Nashville 112 lovers everywhere). The Aphex gave me more bottom of course, but also smoothed out the mids and highs, without changing my overall tone. It did NOT increase my headroom. I used it on two jobs, but sadly the Nashville 112 had to go. Ken Fox even sent me his cap upgrade, and i put in a different speaker that Eminence recommended. Unfortunately i ended up selling it here on the forum.

It was my fault actually. Bobbe Seymour, Mike Brown, and Reese Anderson all told me, that the Nashville 112 simply was not a good fit for me. But Bobbe the kind soul he was, against his better judgement sold it to me anyway. At that time there simply wasn't the small amplifier variety out there that we have today. I had just had lower back surgery, and needed a lite combo style amp, and i really thought i could make that little amp work for the style i was starting to play, and ended up now playing. It wasn't meant to be. Solid state and i will never hear ear to ear. I have since added several wonderful tube amplifiers to my collection, love and use them all. They are like driving collectable cars, each one is unique and different from the other, but you love driving (playing) them all. I recall all the crazy PM's i received after selling that amp, and word got around how much i hated it...it was crazy LOL.
So on it goes.....Page 2

The link to my old Peavey Nashville 112 forum sale in 2014. Man time sure flies by doesn't it?

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=272003&highlight=nashville

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2021 10:47 pm    

[quote="George Redmon"]Hey John, yes i did as a matter of fact, i just couldn't resist. When i did own a Peavey Nashville 112 (yes the rumors are true i did own one), i was desperate to try anything, to give me some tone with that little amp (humble apologies to Nashville 112 lovers everywhere). The Aphex gave me more bottom of course, but also smoothed out the mids and highs, without changing my overall tone. It did NOT increase my headroom. I used it on two jobs, but sadly the Nashville 112 had to go. Ken Fox even sent me his cap upgrade, and i put in a different speaker that Eminence recommended. Unfortunately i ended up selling it here on the forum.

Did you try the Aphex with any other amps, George? Sounds very interesting, I'm a sucker for potentially tone-enhancing gizmos!

George Redmon

Post  Posted 22 Aug 2021 11:59 am    

Very Happy

Leroy Golden

Muskegon, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2021 5:15 am    

Hey George, in my humble opinion you were right to 86 that 112...I had two of them and changed speakers and effects and it just never came up to par, but what do I know? Good luck with your sale my friend!

George Redmon

Post  Posted 23 Aug 2021 3:25 pm    

"What Do You Know?"

Leroy you sir, are one of the finest steel guitarist, studio engineers, and knowledgeable all around great guys that i have had the pleasure of ever known....that's all. Thank You Kindly for your comments. George

George Redmon

Post  Posted 27 Aug 2021 11:08 pm    

Very Happy

Marty Broussard

Broussard, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 28 Aug 2021 7:29 am    

George, if you feel like this device could help me with my quest below I’ll take it.

My quest:
Due to large stage volumes it’s not practical to use a real Resonator(Dobro spider type) guitar because of problematic feedback. Would this device add the lost “sparkle” associated with using the faux pedals or the Flueger modded guitars that simulate resonators(Dobro spider type)?

Thank you for your help!

"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin

George Redmon

Post  Posted 28 Aug 2021 3:35 pm    

Hi Marty, sorry for the late reply. Ya know....i've never had the opportunity to use it in that type of siruation. Only used itvwith steel, and my Les Paul. It wouldn't surprise me if it helped. As far as "Sparkle" it helped everything i ran though it includong microphones {through my mixer}. I've just never used it on that situation. Hope that helps a little. Any other questions just give me a shout out. George

George Redmon

Post  Posted 3 Sep 2021 7:52 pm    

Very Happy

John Dudley

South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2021 8:17 pm     exiter

Is the aphex 104 still available?? If so , I will buy it. John K2YN

John Dudley

South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2021 2:56 am    

Never mind George. I just bought one on ebay for $95 free shipping. George , you're deal is good and you should get a buyer fast. I just am in a rush and had to get it in the mail fast. Good luck George!! John K2YN

George Redmon

Post  Posted 13 Oct 2021 5:23 pm    

☆☆☆THIS UNIT HAS SOLD☆☆☆