The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Stolen Sho-Bud
J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2021 12:16 pm    

Well Folks, going to post this again. This was my first professional steel in 1982. Serial Number 14895. Brought new in Lubbock, Tx. Gene Haugh has told me it was built in 07/25/79 and was shipped to Gretsch inventory. Pro ll with eight and three. I added the fourth lever. Was Stolen in Miami, Fl. area in 1985 along with all the other things including 1985 pickup. Still searching to find and willing to pay fair market value for it, no questions asked. Please send any info you might have on it. Thanks, J.R. Rose

Ronnie Robertson

Alabama
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2021 3:39 pm     Sho bud

Don’t say never. I was checking on a steel on this forum about 2 months ago and I found out it had been stolen in 1984. I actually found the owner. So there is a chance

J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2021 10:17 am    

Thanks for the encouragement Ronnie. I have made more than one post here on the forum but have never got anything. Still holding out for hope to find. Thanks Again, J.R.

Gene Tani

Pac NW
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2021 11:40 am    

I really hope you find it JR. I hate hearing about stolen steels but you can read about Buddy Cage's being returned: https://pagesix.com/2014/08/21/grateful-dead-guitarist-reunited-with-prized-guitar-after-robbery/

Maybe you can scan photos at Fedex so they show front of the cabinet bigger and was there anything distinctive about the case like stickers? This will join a few other stolen steels I'm remembering to look out for.

Dale Foreman

Crowley Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2021 2:42 pm     Stolen

Put it on Facebook, much larger audience!

J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2021 5:54 pm    

Thanks for that info Dale. I do not do Facebook but my Daughter does so will get her to post on their for me. J.R.

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2021 7:11 am    

Don't give up hope! I had an Emmons stolen from me in 1989 and recovered it in 2006 after 17 years. Miracles can happen in the strangest of places.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2021 8:32 am    

Herb Steiner wrote:
Don't give up hope! I had an Emmons stolen from me in 1989 and recovered it in 2006 after 17 years. Miracles can happen in the strangest of places.

Randy Bachman (Guess Who, Bachman-Turner Overdrive) had his beloved Gretsch 6120 stolen in 1976. It recently was discovered in Tokyo.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2021/10/20/randy-bachman-guitar-stolen/

Don Downes

New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2021 12:37 pm    

Hi, my name is Don Downes and I'm brand new to this forum. It's odd that this is my first reply to a post. I had, and just recently sold, a 70s Sho-Bud D-10 Professional III Custom. It looks eerily similar to your pictured guitar. First, I noticed in your picture, and in your description that you added a fourth knee lever. It looks in the picture that the added pedal is a straight block, not the SB curved. Second, I was never able to find a "valid" serial number, but there was a Sharpie marking (that when I bought the guitar, was covered over in electrical tape) that does not correspond to the factory S/N format. If any of this sounds familiar, PLEASE message me, or email me, and I will send you pics and other identifying information. If this truly is your guitar, I'm pretty sure I know where it is, and we can find a way, somehow, to get it back.

Last edited by Don Downes on 22 Oct 2021 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Don Downes

New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2021 1:30 pm    

Sorry, I just realized yours was a Pro II.

J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2021 9:14 am    

Thank You very much Don Downes, you had me excited their for a minute. Maybe someday it will show up. J.R.

Don Downes

New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2021 10:07 am    

I sincerely apologize, JR. I was very excited, too. Excited to the point that I didn't check the facts.
Good luck with your search.

Charley Bond

Inola, OK, USA
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2021 11:43 am     Stolen Sho~Bud

I had one stolen too, way back then. It is a Green LDG & it was stolen near Wichita. A Reward is still in Effect. I have the Bill of Sale from Scotty's

J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2021 4:02 pm    

Thanks Charley for your post. I also have a reward up for info on this. Also have the bill of sale. Maybe someday we both will find them. J.R.

J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2021 8:17 am    

T.T.T. STILL LOOKING FOLKS Thanks, J.R.