The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  NGD Rondo SX Lap 3
John Larson

Pennsyltucky, USA
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2021 4:20 am    

I pulled the trigger on this the other day and for a little over $100 I am thoroughly impressed. Obviously it needed proper strings so I changed them and put it in Open D. Will probably swap out the pickup for an alumitone (that said there is very little hum even with gain) and put locking tuners on it for faster string changes.

Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous; praise is meet for the upright. Give praise to the Lord with the harp, chant unto Him with the ten-stringed psaltery. Sing unto Him a new song, chant well unto Him with jubilation. For the word of the Lord is true, and all His works are in faithfulness. The Lord loveth mercy and judgement; the earth is full of the mercy of the Lord.
- Psalm 33:1-5

Joe Cook

Lake Osoyoos, WA
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2021 11:58 am    

I have an 8 string version and I find it's a very playable guitar. Mine has the p90 pickup. It sounds pretty decent, but it's a long scale and I'm partial to short scale. Fun to have around for messing with different tunings. You got the hard case too!Cool

John Larson

Pennsyltucky, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2022 3:52 pm    

Update, put locking tuners on for fast string changes, lace alumitone strat pickup for the clarity and definition as well as new pots for "tricks." It is currently in Open D tuning (DADF#AD)

Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous; praise is meet for the upright. Give praise to the Lord with the harp, chant unto Him with the ten-stringed psaltery. Sing unto Him a new song, chant well unto Him with jubilation. For the word of the Lord is true, and all His works are in faithfulness. The Lord loveth mercy and judgement; the earth is full of the mercy of the Lord.
- Psalm 33:1-5

Reinhard Brodesser

New York, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2022 6:50 pm     Sx

Congrats! the case alone is probably close to $100. I also have an SX-8. Lotsa bang for the buck.