The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New Gospel Style Fingerpicks!
Ron Landis

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2021 1:22 pm    

The first in our newly retooled line of superior quality fingerpicks. By popular demand, we’ve created a model for our friends who play Gospel. Great for any instrument requiring fingerpicks. These sterling silver picks feature our Patent Pending gripping teeth that will keep them secure even when picking hard.

https://www.landisstudios.net/product-page/gospel-style-pick

Ron Landis

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2021 6:22 am    

I have to share this... I posted these Gospel picks on the Facebook "Dobroholics" page and got a surprise compliment from my favorite dobro player. The blue check mark is a Facebook verification that it's the actual public figure known as Jerry Douglas. My comment "You made my day" is a major understatement. I'm a huge fan. I made him this set a while back...

Dave Hopping

Aurora, Colorado
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2021 7:21 am    

Happy to see JD likes Landis picks. I sure do!

John Castelletti

Post  Posted 1 Nov 2021 6:02 pm     Landis Picks

My pair just arrived today and I really really like them. The shape of the blade makes picking significantly more easy and accurate. Up until now i was using Hoffmeyer picks which were really nice but the Landis picks did not require any reshaping. Could not be happier with them.

Dan Kelly

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2021 8:33 am    

I have been using Landis fingerpicks for more than 6 months and have found them to be very comfortable. The "death grip" feature really keeps the picks on without constantly readjusting. The sterling silver material produces a nice warm tone and the profile of the pick tang is very user friendly.

Of all the things involved with the pedal Steel guitar, "developing" better finger picks would be at the bottom of my list. However Ron Landis did it and came up with an innovative product, for sure!

Gene Tani

Pac NW
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2023 3:52 pm    

I got my second thumb pick from Landis Studios today, it's not just amazingly beautiful and fits better than any other but pulls beautiful tone that will only get better as i play a lot and maybe wear a little more bevel into the tip. (The thin thumbpick fits well too, just to anticipate any questions...)

Thanks for making these Ron.. Family portrait time!

Ron Landis

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2023 8:18 pm    

Thank you, Gene! I'm glad they're working well for you and really appreciate the great review! Word of mouth advertising is the most trustworthy, and the only thing my advertising budget can afford lately, so a review like this is priceless to me.

Making wide band picks are a bit tricky. It's very important they fit just right. You want even pressure all the way around the thumb with no pinch points. It should feel good when you put it on. I've been using one for dobro for quite a while that I really like.

Mine fits really well because I have the advantage of being able to shape it to my thumb and can feel the little "pinch points" when I adjust it. So, I have an easier time fitting them for customers if they're fairly close to my thumb size. But I take them back for adjustments at no extra charge. It's important to me they fit correctly so I'll get more of these kinds of reviews.

Thanks again, Gene!

Ron Landis

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2023 8:34 pm     Re: Landis Picks

John Castelletti wrote:
My pair just arrived today and I really really like them. The shape of the blade makes picking significantly more easy and accurate. Up until now i was using Hoffmeyer picks which were really nice but the Landis picks did not require any reshaping. Could not be happier with them.

Thank you for the nice review! This is the first time I've seen it. I need to visit this site more often. I think our strongest market is from steel guitar players. Better tone and playability is what we're all going for.
I'm glad they work well for you!

Ron Landis

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2023 8:43 pm    

Dan Kelly wrote:
I have been using Landis fingerpicks for more than 6 months and have found them to be very comfortable. The "death grip" feature really keeps the picks on without constantly readjusting. The sterling silver material produces a nice warm tone and the profile of the pick tang is very user friendly.

Of all the things involved with the pedal Steel guitar, "developing" better finger picks would be at the bottom of my list. However Ron Landis did it and came up with an innovative product, for sure!

Sorry it's taken so long to respond. I want to thank you for the nice review! I'm happy they're working well for you. The inner gripper teeth are the thing everyone comments on. They really do work even for people with sweaty hands. Thanks again!

Bob Sigafoos

San Clemente, Calif. , U.S.
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2023 5:08 pm     Good stuff

I’ve bought some picks too! I prefer the classic style finger picks and toggle between the two styles of thumb pick shape as they are both good. The picks are easy to fit my medium size thumb and fingers and grip well also.

Greg Forsyth

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2023 8:32 am     Landis @ Winfield?

Hi Ron,
Are you planning on having your booth @ The Walnut Valley festival this year? I noticed that your making pendants for the fest so I imagine you are but thought I'd ask anyway.

Greg