The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  SOLD Redline Resophonics R-Body Econoline
Troy Engle

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2021 11:57 am    

Here’s a killer sounding square neck resonator guitar. Made in Hendersonville, TN USA. Plays and sounds fantastic, and punches well above it’s price range. (See the video link of this exact guitar) These go for around $2000 new, so score a deal. It’s been my main recording axe. This one has a bunch of finish checking all over the guitar, that was there when I got it used. There is a tiny gap at the heel of the neck where it meets the body, but hasn’t moved since i’ve had it. (My other Redline has the same thing, and should only require tightening the bolt on neck if it bothers you). Comes with a hardshell Access case. The mesh of the soundhole covers has been removed for a sleeker look, so they are a little rough on the edges, and could use some new strings. $975 Plus $100 shipping to Cont. US. Video: https://youtu.be/_MptY6oAl_g

From the Redline Reso’s website:
“This guitar has been built with the traditional classic R-Body size and shape. The Top and Back are made with a maple laminate, very similar to the way this style of guitar was built many years ago. The Sides are made from solid book-matched hard maple. The neck is made of maple as well, and is fit with an East Indian Rosewood Fretboard with wire frets.
The headstock overlay is also made of Rosewood.

You may have noticed that there is no binding on the body of this guitar. Instead, we "ease" the edges with a 3/16" radius round-over.
This helps keep the cost down, but it also makes this a very comfortable guitar to hold and play. Not having sharp edges on the body is really a bonus in this regard, especially while playing it in your lap. It also adds somewhat to the "vintage vibe" of this guitar.

This is a very versatile resophonic guitar. The laminate top and back give a tone that harkens back to the sound of resophonic guitars from decades ago, but the more modern open internal construction gives this guitar a bit more of a "modern" sound. The best of both worlds, you might say! As with our all-solid wood builds, this guitar offers all the volume you are likely to ever need, without having to lug around a bigger guitar. That in itself is a great combination. Plenty of volume and great tonal properties in an easy to hold, easy to carry around instrument.

Our modern internal bracing definitely adds to the overall performance of this attractively priced guitar. The understated Vintage Brown finish also makes it a handsome axe!”

Last edited by Troy Engle on 28 Aug 2021 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Troy Engle

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2021 5:07 pm    

Reduced to $975 plus $100 shipping.

Jim Van Winkle

Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2021 9:52 pm    

Oh man, I’ve been selling recording gear to buy this and now I’m very close. I had given up playing dobro and sold my beloved Lebeda after having s stroke that paralyzed my right side. I’m finally to the point, after years of hard work, that my right hand is ready to start playing again. I hope you have a quick sale, but greedy me hopes it will be mine. Of course, there are other great resos out there, but I’ve been looking at this one every day. Whoa! Smile

Troy Engle

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 28 Aug 2021 5:43 am    

SOLD off the forum, please close. Thanks!