The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Francis Chamberlain
Tony Rankin

Land O’ Lakes, FL
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2021 2:35 pm    

My longtime friend, forum member, and steel guitarist, Francis Chamberlain has passed away. His obituary (in part) follows:

Francis J. Chamberlain, 87, husband of Reba Hume Chamberlain, died on Sunday, June 20, 2021, in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

Born on November 9, 1933, he was the son of the late Marion and Verna Reynolds Chamberlain. He served as a Police Officer and later retired as a Security Guard. Francis was a veteran of the United States Army, and he attended the Friendship Missionary Baptist Church in Miamisburg, Ohio. He was a private pilot, and he played The Pedal Steel Guitar for numerous gospel groups, including The Crusaders Quartet, the Dayton Ambassadors Quartet and the Happy Hearts.

Survivors include his wife, Reba Chamberlain of Franklin, KY; two sons, Billy Michael Chamberlain (Michelle Shirley) of Westmorland, TN and Mark David Chamberlain (Dottie) of Mt. Juliet, TN; four grandchildren, Michael Anthony Chamberlain, Brandon Lee Chamberlain, David Andrew Chamberlain and Dustin Matthew Chamberlain; four great grandchildren, Zachary James Chamberlain, Isabella Sadie Chamberlain, Micah Kamran Chamberlain and Callie Charlotte Chamberlain; one brother, James Chamberlain and one sister, Veda Prather.

Funeral services will be conducted 1:00 p.m. Thursday, June 24, 2021, at Oldham, Roberts & Powell Funeral Home with Bro. Mike Miracle and Bro. Lean Wyatt officiating. Burial will follow in the Memorial Gardens Cemetery.
Visitation will be from 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. Thursday, June 24, 2021, at Oldham, Roberts & Powell Funeral Home.

In Lieu of flowers donations are suggested to Friendship Missionary Baptist Church at 522 North 12th Street Miamisburg, Ohio 45342.

Craig Stock

Westfield, NJ USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2021 3:15 pm    

R I P Francis, a life well lived! condolences to his family.

I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet.

Today is tomorrow's Good ol' days

John Drury

Gallatin, Tn USA
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2021 11:57 am    

Sorry for the loss of your friend Tony, he was one of the good guys! Condolences to the family.
NTSGA #3

"Practice cures most tone issues" ~ John Suhr