The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Artist profile...Roy Rosetta....OSGA show in Tulsa
Larry King

Watts, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2021 4:06 am    

Today we're featuring the Maestro himself , Mr Roy Rosetta. It would be hard to calculate the number of miles Roy has traveled in support of the steel guitar. From the largest show {St Louis} to the smaller, his dedication and commitment is fully underrated. Until you've been on stage from 7:00 AM 'til !:00 AM the next day{Tulsa 2003} with your fingers aching, taking Vivarin to stay awake, then you look over and there's Paul Polish and Roy Rosetta imitating the Energizer Bunny and you realize here's the Marathon Man in action .

Roy's talent,his vast knowledge, his repertoire,his willingness to help inexperienced {present company not excepted} players, all with that calm demeaner that only Roy can do. He never once treated me like the village idiot although I qualified. Example , I would never have figured out the chords to "My Weakness Is Too Strong" had it not been for Roy.

I don't know all the bands he's been a part of.....probably around a hundred or more . The only ones that I know he was part of is Hank Thompson's Brazos Valley Boys and Johnny Bush's Bandolero's but his ability would allow him to play for Glen Miller/Tommy Dorsey.or Count Basie or anyone you could name .

I've got more....a whole lot more.....including his supportive wife Barbara , a special human and more to come re: Barbie Doll , my name for her .

Closing but stay tuned.....mas manana

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2021 7:10 am    

Yes, he's a gem! Very Happy
Erv

john buffington

Owasso OK - USA
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2021 7:56 am    

Well stated Larry, Roy is definitely "The Rock" .

Skip Edwards

LA,CA
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2021 11:46 am    

He's my hero... he always shows me exactly how it's supposed to be done.
Hat's off to Roy...

Larry Garrett

Siloam Springs, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2021 12:18 pm    

Larry you are exactly right about Roy! He's all that for sure!

Jim R. Harrison

North Vancouver, B. C., Canada
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2021 9:13 pm    

Very well stated, Larry; Roy is the guy that holds it all together & has done for many, many years!

Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2021 11:42 pm    

Exactly! Roy is the Real Deal! He's played with so many of us. What I like is, he is always calm, cool and collected. He reminds me of those Helicopter Pilots during the Vietnam War. They flew in under all kinds of conditions and held it together and pulled the guys out safely! Cheers to Roy and his Lovely Wife Barbara! Great folks! Winners in my Book!

Chuck S. Lettes

Denver, Colorado
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2021 5:35 am    

Roy is a joy to work with. I always love to hear him work his magic.
Chuck

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2021 5:44 am    

Yep, absolutely the best.

My closest friend for over 30 years and his wife Barbara, always keeps me straight at shows. hehe

I love them both.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2021 9:14 am    

Roy has played more steel shows than anyone. He and Barbara are first class individuals. We are blessed to have them a part of any show. Oh yeah, he is from Texas as well.

R Crow

Hectorville, OK USA
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2021 11:24 am    

Paul King, I had never thought of it that way. He has played more shows than any other steel player. You do know that he really is a steel player, single neck, 88 strings and 3 pedals.

Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 25 Jun 2021 2:07 pm    

Roy is the Best!!! and he has backed me up numerous times at the Dallas show, Phoenix show, Oklahoma show, Kansas show, Branson show, and probably others...Yes my hats off to Roy and Barbara Rosetta, my good friends! Hope yall have a blessed day.!
Larry T

Bruce Blackburn

Nashville, Tennessee
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2021 3:04 am    

I have never met Roy, but over many years I have witnessed his contributions. I am in awe of his musicianship, commitment to and support of the Steel Guitar community. My hat is off to this legend.

Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2021 7:45 am     Roy

Simply put: Roy and Barbara are two of the finest examples of "Whom we all should be like".

Paul Wade

mundelein,ill
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2021 2:54 pm    

Bruce Blackburn wrote:
I have never met Roy, but over many years I have witnessed his contributions. I am in awe of his musicianship, commitment to and support of the Steel Guitar community. My hat is off to this legend.

Well spoken Bruce I have only seen Roy twice
And he is top drawer whis I had him in my band

Pw

John Haspert

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2021 8:14 pm     The Maestro- Roy Rosetta

I have had the pleasure to chat with Roy on several occasions. While he probably doesn’t know me from Adam and not that he should…he is the consummate professional and even with his great talents and resume having played with all the greats, he is always humble. I am always in awe and amazed at what he does with those Ivories. He is the best of the best