The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Reminder - Oklahoma Steel Guitar Show June 25-26 Jenks OK
Larry King

Watts, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2021 12:32 pm    

Hi y'all....heard from Cousin Paul King today. His excitement level is flying high....when I talked to him he was circling Jupiter after getting stuck in some rings somewhere . He's bring new blood , one Mr Harp
With the interest in steel guitar waning and Nashville road bands opting for a keyboard , it is mui importante that we come together and show our support for the local clubs with our attendance . I'm asking you to be committed because , unless you've been involved in the trenches of producing , let me assure you that it's a ton of work without a whole lot of Thank You's .
Beverly Harris and her hard working, supportive husband Mike have toiled beyond normal to serve you {us} and see that every "T" is crossed and every "I" is dotted .
Come early , stay late , and enjoy this special time

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2021 12:47 pm    

I am excited Cousin Larry about being at the Oklahoma Show. Dustin Harp will be with me and he is more excited than I am. He has been playing a couple years and is improving. Thankfully, our wives are going to let Dustin and I off the hook for a couple days. While I know the music will be great the fellowship will be even better. We plan on getting there Friday around 1:00 P.M. and staying until it is over. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2021 1:44 pm    

Good to hear Paul. I booked my room for Thursday to Sunday so I can see all the players performance. At one time I was attending 5 or 6 shows a year. Things have gone downhill since then with so many of the promoters passing away. I'm glad to see a the OSGA giving it a chance. My thanks to Beverly, her husband and all who put in the efforts to make this happen.

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2021 2:51 pm    

Beverly and her staff deserve high praise for putting this event together. Someone has to be the leader and Beverly is doing a great job.

john buffington

Owasso OK - USA
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2021 2:53 pm    

Larry King, you are so right on target, as far as the work that goes on BEHIND the scene. Until you've been there . . . most haven't a clue! It is definitely a labor of love for the instrument and the folks that make the music with it. Fellowship is over the moon and the memories created are timeless. Hat's off to those who carry the baton.