The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Emmons SKH -Please Close -
Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2021 4:05 am    

Emmons SKH with 8 and 4. I am the second owner. Original invoice is included. The invoice shows NO serial number and I can't find one on this Emmons. Set-up is typical Emmons. If paid by pay-pal, add 3%. $4,000.00 plus shipping, packing and insurance to lower 48. A new road case with wheels from GRUENE is on the way for the SKH. Original case included in price or add $200.00 for the new road case with wheels.

Last edited by Gary Watkins on 16 Jun 2021 5:16 pm; edited 4 times in total

Fred Wurtz

Rochester, New York, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2021 2:44 pm    

That's a beauty, Gary.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2021 2:50 pm    

Fred Wurtz wrote:
That's a beauty, Gary.

Thanks Fred. It's a 1983 model and it looks like a new one. The underside looks GREAT! I just need to polish the end plates a little. I've got this SKH and a Williams UNI for sale. I guess I'll keep what ever doesn't sell. It's hard to decide. That's why I priced this one high. Once you play the SKH, you'll understand, but you already know that Fred! LOL

Marty Holmes

Magnolia ,TX USA
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2021 5:30 pm    

Wow $1846.50 in '83 and now $4000 no offense Gary just cant believe the price of things these days.Beautiful steel btw.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2021 5:40 pm    

Marty Holmes wrote:
Wow $1846.50 in '83 and now $4000 no offense Gary just cant believe the price of things these days.Beautiful steel btw.

It is still not keeping up with inflation. https://www.in2013dollars.com/us/inflation/1983?amount=3077.50

$1,846.50 in 1983 vs today, 2021 is $4,990.65, and the $1,846.50 is wholesale price. Going by the invoice, the retail price would be $3,077.50 and adjusted for inflation, $8,317.75

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2021 11:17 am    

Original case included in price or add $200.00 for the new road case with wheels.

Dustin Elmore

North Mississippi
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2021 4:39 am     inflation

Yeah, I'd like to find a 59' les paul for invoice! Ha! Bump it up for a nice Emmons.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2021 5:16 pm    

Please Close - Decided to keep it.