The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Thank You Kelcey O'Neil & Jimmie Hudson
Don Christy

Post  Posted 6 Jun 2021 6:03 am    

Many thanks goes out to Kelcey O'Neil & Jimmie Hudson.

It all started around April the 16th when I was searching for someone to help me locate a used Pre-Royal Mullen changer. In my search I contacted just about everyone the the U.S. for a replacement. I contacted Billy Cooper, Al Brisco, Jim Palenscar,Del Mullen and about 15 other steel players around the country. Each person tried to help, but ran out of options.

So I kept searching night and day from the clues each person gave me to help me. Then one day this nice guy by the name of Kelcey O'Neil came along and took his time to help me. Kelcey searched and searched for a long time and finally found someone that could repair my changer. Jimmie Hudson "said" he could repair this Mullen changer. What a guy that Jimmie Hudson is...a really nice guy!

Now fast forward to this date June 6th, 2021...Jimmie has my new changer fingers and location plate done. Jimmie sent the fingers and plate to Kelcey so Kelcey can put the new ribbits in the changer scissors. After Kelcey puts the changer back together and finishes cleaning...it will be shipped Monday of this next week.

I just want to "say"...this is what the Steel Guitar Forum is about, helping your fellow steel members.
You know..these two great guys didn't have to do this project for me, but they took their time and took their shirt off their back to help a steel player. Two great guys helping the Steel Guitar Forum community. They both should get the Award Of The Year.

Thank You Kelcey O'Neil and Thank You Jimmie Hudson from the bottom of my heart for the fine work you both did to get this project done for me. God Bless you both, you two are very special and I'll never forget your kindness.

Thank you guys!

Don Christy

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2021 9:21 am     Glad to help

Glad we could help you with this project.
Photo of the fingers machined on cnc.

Don Christy

Post  Posted 6 Jun 2021 1:50 pm    

Jimmie, you are very welcome! Glad Kelcey O'Neil and you could help me.

Thanks again Jimmie!

Best regards,

Don Christy

Andy DePaule

Saigon, Viet Nam & Springfield, Oregon
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2021 2:45 pm     Nice work Jimmy.

Nice work Jimmy. You are the man! Very Happy
Got the Kluson pans & tuning machines you sent and have installed them on the Dewey Kendrick re-build I'm back to working on.
I will make a new post about that project soon.
Best wishes,
Andy

Magnatone Jeweltone Series Lap Steel, Circa 1950? 6 String with F#minor7th Tuning.
1956 Dewey Kendrick D-8 4&3, Restoration Project.
1973 Sho~Bud Green SD-10 4&5 PSG, Restoration Project.

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2021 3:02 pm     Re: Nice work Jimmy.

Andy DePaule wrote:
Nice work Jimmy. You are the man! Very Happy
Got the Kluson pans & tuning machines you sent and have installed them on the Dewey Kendrick re-build I'm back to working on.
I will make a new post about that project soon.
Best wishes,
Andy

Looks good so far.

Dave Morrison

Whbg Ohio Usa
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2021 6:27 pm    

I’d like to chime in here. I was in a similar situation a few years ago. I needed two end castings for a Nashville Ltd I was rebuilding. Same story, no one could help. Then came Jimmie Hudson along side and took it upon himself to get me a couple of castings made for it. He didn’t make a dime by helping me but that’s the man I found him to be. I’ve never forgotten that. Bless you Jimmie

Don Christy

Post  Posted 9 Jun 2021 9:58 am    

Got my Pre-Royal changer back from Jimmie Hudson and Kelcey O'Neil today. Great work guys!! I really like it.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2021 6:29 pm    

Don that's quite a story and a wonderful ending. Kudos for Jimmy's work and warm heart. I'm always amazed when the builder can't help. Thankfully some gifted builder's pick up the slack.

Don Christy

Post  Posted 24 Jun 2021 5:25 am    

The Mullen is back together ....thanks to Kelcey O'Neil and Jimmie Hudson. Jimmie built me a new set of changer fingers and Kelcey helped organize the project. Some of the other accessories I ordered was a new Stage One volume pedal....new Belden 8412 guitar cables...new NYXL pedal steel strings and a new Peterson Strobostomp HD tuner.
Here is a new video how it sounds now. I did a little Waylon's Jennings lick
Click on the link below.

https://youtu.be/87ShADBO46c

Thanks again for all the help Kelcey and Jimmie!!!!

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2021 11:18 am     Sounds good

Sounds good

Don Christy

Post  Posted 24 Jun 2021 1:51 pm    

Thank You Jimmie!