The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Windows 10 Media Player Problem
George Redmon

Muskegon & Detroit Michigan.
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2021 7:50 pm    

Man i hate windows 10. For some unknown reason, i THINK ..... THINK after this last update, my Windows 10 laptop is really messed up. I had to again shut off the touch pad, {i use an external wireless mouse} and my Windows Media Player won't let me play CD's from my internal CD player. but i can play songs in files. I could just scream. I don't use this beautiful laptop ....more then i do use it. AAARG No..... i haven't touched a thing. Anybody have a suggestion. I find it easier to grab my old XP DELL PC, then to fight with this one every time i turn it on. Gonna grab some Blood Pressure medication. Here is a screenshot.

Like i mention i haven't touched a thing. They did another annoying update was it the culprit? And fella's, please use simplified computer jargon please.... like in that book written for me "Winders 10 Fur Dummies"

Thanks Guys

UPDATE*

Apparently this last update also wiped out my sound card. Can't do a restore, because i've never had to make one. Would a complete Reinstall work? Sheesh Lost Here.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2021 2:12 am    

Reinstall the sound card driver (from the PC vendor). On the Dell forums we are seeing a lot of sound driver corruptions caused by Windows updates and reinstalling the sound drivers fixes them.

George Redmon

Muskegon & Detroit Michigan.
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2021 10:36 pm    

Mr Stoner, Thank You Thank You so very much. I had a lady friend come over this afternoon and she took your advice and it worked. 100% Got my steel guitar music files, youtube, and all other audio to work again. It was above my head, but she fixed it, doing as you suggested. She turned off my touchpad again, and got my settings back to how i had them before the update.

Thank You so very much Mr Stoner.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2021 2:08 am    

Thanks. That usually works in these cases.