The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  SC Steel Show
Brian Christiano

Columbia, South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 29 May 2021 10:12 am    

Hello PSG players and fans!

I am the SC Steel Convention coordinator.

We have postponed the SC Steel Convention since May of 2020 due to Covid 19. We are once again on track for a November show in 2021, at Bill's Music Shop and Pickin' Parlor, West Columbia, SC

Our tentative dates are 13/14 November 2021.

As with all the SC Steel shows in the past, we plan to have a workshop on Saturday, a jam session, then those that wish to do so, can sit in with the Bob Strickland band for the dance, rotating in and out, depending on the number who want to do so.

On Sunday, the show will start around 10 a.m. until around 5:30 p.m., again depending on the number of players who want to sit in.

I am working on a player list and a guest artist for the show. If you would like to participate, please contact me either by email or on the Forum. It's been a long hiatus without live Pedal Steel.

We have lost three regulars participants since our last show: Tommy Dodd, Steve Alonzo Walker, and Milt Mounce. They will be sorely missed. We will plan to have this event in their honor and remember them in prayer Sunday morning.

Please plan to attend this event. Look for a flyer and final date once we set it in stone.

If you have not attended the show at Bill's you are missing a great venue. The players and listeners who attended the previous shows had nothing but positive comments about the venue and accommodations. I am still learning how to coordinate this event, filling the big shoes left by Jerry Reece and Joe Turner.

1992 Emmons Lashley LeGrande D-10, 1971 Martin D-28, 1959 Gretsch Country Club, 1964 Fender Band-Master, Peavey Nashville 400, Peavey Classic 30, Harlow reso

Coordinator for the South Carolina Steel Guitar Convention held in West Columbia, SC. May/Nov each year. Held at Bill's Music Shop and Pickin' Parlor.

Ben Lawson

Brooksville Florida
Post  Posted 29 May 2021 5:59 pm    

Brian, I may be able to make it this year. I've been talking to Wayne Smith about trying to be there. Will let you know when the details are finalized.

Brian Christiano

Post  Posted 29 May 2021 7:23 pm    

Ben Lawson wrote:
Brian, I may be able to make it this year. I've been talking to Wayne Smith about trying to be there. Will let you know when the details are finalized.

Ben, would love to see both you and Wayne. Been too long my friend.

r/

1992 Emmons Lashley LeGrande D-10, 1971 Martin D-28, 1959 Gretsch Country Club, 1964 Fender Band-Master, Peavey Nashville 400, Peavey Classic 30, Harlow reso

Coordinator for the South Carolina Steel Guitar Convention held in West Columbia, SC. May/Nov each year. Held at Bill's Music Shop and Pickin' Parlor.

Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2021 5:45 am    

It’s always great to get together with these guys!

Buck Rodgers

Virginia (Yorktown)
Post  Posted 30 May 2021 12:05 pm     SC Steel Show

Brian;
I'm planning on attending. Thanx.
Buck Rodgers
Yorktown, VA

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2021 5:21 am    

Fer piece, as they say, for me. I lived and worked in Columbia in the early 70s. It would be good to visit the area again and hear some good steel guitar music to boot.

I'll have to see if it's doable.

Brian Christiano

Post  Posted 8 Jun 2021 5:39 am     Re: SC Steel Show

Buck Rodgers wrote:
Brian;
I'm planning on attending. Thanx.
Buck Rodgers
Yorktown, VA

As they say on the Price is Right, "Comme on down."
We'd love to see you here.
Will save you a slot.

r/

Brian Christiano

Post  Posted 8 Jun 2021 5:41 am    

Jerry Overstreet wrote:
Fer piece, as they say, for me. I lived and worked in Columbia in the early 70s. It would be good to visit the area again and hear some good steel guitar music to boot.

I'll have to see if it's doable.

Jerry,
Not many chances to do shows these days. Would love to have you attend. Will put a slot with your name on it.

r/

Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2021 10:31 am    

Putting it in my calendar! Be great to see all you guys again. Been way to long!!

Brian Christiano

Post  Posted 12 Jun 2021 10:42 am     SC Steel Show - revised dates

Due to the venue arrangements, the date has been changed to 6-7 Nov. This gives us more flexibility with Bill's Music Shop, our host venue and performance hall.

We look forward to all you attending and the opportunity for another live steel show.

J J Harmon

Reynolds, GA 31076
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2021 12:25 pm    

Is this in Saluda?

Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2021 1:24 pm     Where

Bill's Music Shop and Pickin' Parlor, West Columbia, SC

Shorty Smith

Columbus, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2021 1:23 pm     SC Jam

I sure would love to be there for this show, been a long time, miss seeing all the Steelers and steel music lovers, but I won't be able to make it in November but my mind will be with you all, maybe next year, Shorty

Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2021 8:38 am     Bill's Music Shop and Pickin' Parlor, West Columbia, SC

My wife and I would love to come. We have to get vacation dates turned in ahead of time for her. So how sure are you of the Nov 6-7 2021 dates, are they confirmed?
I also would appreciate the chance to play some steel guitar if there is enough space for me to do so. I have had the pleasure of meeting a few of the guys posted in your picture, Such as Roger Crawford, Wayne Smith, and the Drummer. Thanks for putting on the show and I look forward to hearing back from you.........

Brian Christiano

Post  Posted 8 Jul 2021 10:05 am     Re: Bill's Music Shop and Pickin' Parlor, West Columbia, SC

Allen Howington wrote:
My wife and I would love to come. We have to get vacation dates turned in ahead of time for her. So how sure are you of the Nov 6-7 2021 dates, are they confirmed?
I also would appreciate the chance to play some steel guitar if there is enough space for me to do so. I have had the pleasure of meeting a few of the guys posted in your picture, Such as Roger Crawford, Wayne Smith, and the Drummer. Thanks for putting on the show and I look forward to hearing back from you.........

Allen,

We are definite on the dates. Would love to have you come and play. I'll put you on the list. If you would like to attend the workshop that Mike Sweeney will be doing on Saturday, let me know and I'll get you the details and add you to the list. 2 hours classroom/$40 from about 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. If you have any other questions contact me.

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2021 12:24 am    

Brian , sounds great ! Unless the creek overflows and the bridge collapses, I'll be attending the Sunday show. If there is room and if time permits I'll even bring the Steel and pick a few.

Thank you for promoting this, I look forward to seeing some long time friends who I have not seen in a long time !

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website

Brian Christiano

Post  Posted 11 Jul 2021 7:54 am    

Tony Prior wrote:
Brian , sounds great ! Unless the creek overflows and the bridge collapses, I'll be attending the Sunday show. If there is room and if time permits I'll even bring the Steel and pick a few.

Thank you for promoting this, I look forward to seeing some long time friends who I have not seen in a long time !

Great to hear from you Tony. I'll put you down on the schedule. I'm putting together my playing list.

John Swain

Winchester, Va
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2021 7:59 am    

Thanks again for putting your efforts into the show. I'm planning on coming down both afternoons. Save a spot for me !

Brian Christiano

Post  Posted 11 Jul 2021 8:03 am    

John Swain wrote:
Thanks again for putting your efforts into the show. I'm planning on coming down both afternoons. Save a spot for me !

John, thanks. You and Roger Crawford were at the top of the list! LOL. Always good to see you and hear you play. Bring some show tunes!

Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2021 6:34 pm     Gig 11-6-21

Brian, after reviewing my list of play dates looks like I'll be playing steel guitar on November 6th, 2021. I hope you guys have a great show and hopefully I can make the next convention....

Allen Howington

Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2021 6:51 pm    

Allen, I’ve got a gig on the 6th too, but you don’t see me wimping out do you? Dang, I was looking forward to seeing you.

Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2021 8:45 pm     Thanks

Thanks Roger, I was looking forward myself but this was already booked. Hopefully next time you have one I can plan ahead and try not to have something booked. By the way, I bet your booking is not four and a half hours away from the show either..........mine is that far away. Hope the show goes good for all of you, just let me know the date of the next one so I can hopefully schedule to attend it.

Bill Nicholson

South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2021 9:06 am    

Brian - Hope I can make it. Planing on Sunday for sure but don't know about Saturday yet. Looking forward to seeing you, Bob and all the other players....Georgia and South Carolina !!!

Brian Christiano

Post  Posted 14 Jul 2021 12:08 pm    

Bill Nicholson wrote:
Brian - Hope I can make it. Planing on Sunday for sure but don't know about Saturday yet. Looking forward to seeing you, Bob and all the other players....Georgia and South Carolina !!!

Bill,
Will put you on the list.
Look forward to seeing you.

Nick Reed

Russellville, KY USA
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2021 7:31 pm    

I'm gonna try to come this time. You don't have to put me on the schedule to play, but I'll probably have my steel rig with me just in case. Lookin forward to seeing all the guys down in SC.