The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  M-Audio Air 192/14
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 12 May 2021 2:22 am    

I moved back in February 2021 and some recording gear including my MOTU 4pre recording interface unit came up missing. I ordered the M-Audio Air 192/14 USB C interface unit based on owning an M-Audio Fasttrack Ultra 8R firewire unit years ago. The Air 192/14 came up short on initial tests and was returned. Latency, with a low buffer and USB C interface was double what I had with the MOTU unit. But the biggest dislike was the playback sound. I tried a couple completed/mastered songs that are mixed/mastered correctly in Cakewalk with full fidelity and vocals and instruments at proper levels. With the 192/14 the entire mix sounded like an amp with the highs turned down and bass turned up. The vocals were poor and some instruments were not heard.

Whether this is typical of all the 192/14 units or just I got a defective one?? Either way its been returned.

The positive out of this is the missing MOTU 4pre has been found "after buying another".

Dan Kelly

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 12 May 2021 12:40 pm    

In many cases, that's the best way to "find" something! Smile