The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dropped my profex two
Roy Dick

Tahlequah okla. USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2021 8:35 am    

My peavey profex two was knocked off the top of a two drawer file cabinet not cuts out and just don't work properly. Does any one know who works on tbem?
Fessenden SD10, Peavy Nashville 112, Fender Fat Strat, Crate glx 212, Crate GLX 65, Peavy foundation bass, Epiphone flat top Taylor flat top Epiphone Led Paul Epiphone Shreraton Hilton and Goodrich pedals one understanding wife

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 7 May 2021 10:35 am    

Ken Fox used to work on them, don't know if he still does. He is a forum member.

Maybe time to consider upgrading to a current device. The Profex II's are at least 26 years old.

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2021 11:43 am    

Roy the drop may have broke loose some solder joints if you're lucky. Then again it could be worse. If you lived closer, I would have a look. Shipping these days would kill the value. As Jack said, may be time to modernize. Are you going to the Oklahoma show in June? I will be there and could take it back with me. If Ken Fox jumps in, he is very good with these.

Roy Dick

Tahlequah okla. USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2021 2:35 pm     My profex

Jack Stoner. I have seen Ken Fox's name here on the forum. May check on him. Yes I know these things are old. Was concerned about availability of parts. Could also consider an up grade. Question would be to what?
Fessenden SD10, Peavy Nashville 112, Fender Fat Strat, Crate glx 212, Crate GLX 65, Peavy foundation bass, Epiphone flat top Taylor flat top Epiphone Led Paul Epiphone Shreraton Hilton and Goodrich pedals one understanding wife

Roy Dick

Tahlequah okla. USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2021 2:38 pm     My prefex.

Thanks also for the reply. Where in Missouri milk k are You? Also when and where is the Okla. Show? I haven't been for a few years. [/i]

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2021 3:20 pm    

Roy, I'm in Festus Mo. That's south of St Louis. The show is in Jenks Oklahoma June 25&26. Look in the Events announcement from Beverly Harris. Then in October I will be at the Baxter Springs Kansas show.

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2021 3:24 pm     The Oklahoma show link

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=368912

Roy Dick

Tahlequah okla. USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2021 3:51 pm    

Think I will try the Jenks ok. Show. It about 1 1/2 hours from me. Thanks for the info. No min

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2021 5:37 pm    

Hope to see you there. Sending you a private message.