The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New Diamond Newman finger Picks
Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2021 8:30 am    

I seen an add on here, a while back advertising these picks. I ordered two sets of them. One set Gold, the other a Brushed Metal. I love them, and want to order more, but can't find who it was I got them from. They are just like the JF finger picks Jeff had, but not as heavy. I think the ones I got were 0.020, I would like to have them to be 0.025, as Jeff's were, but they didn't offer them. Wish they did, but I have become a little use to them. Would appreciate any information, thanks.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2021 9:13 am    

If you do a search for diamond picks, the thread pops right up - it's the 3rd result. This is the thread you're looking for - https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=365629

and this is the site for the titanium finger picks - https://diamondtipicks.com/

This isn't a new product, moving to Steel Players.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2021 9:55 am    

Dave thanks a million, it was the first I had see it, so thought it was new, sorry. I had bought several set from Jeff, so had stock, but it is getting low. I really do like these picks, maybe they will make a heavier gauge later, or do already, I may have missed. Thanks again.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

J D Sauser

Wellington, Florida
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2021 10:07 am    

I played them for a couple of months.
They have NOTHING to do with Jeff Newman. JN re-issued some "National" style picks at a time. They were I BELIEVE nickel sliver.

Here's what I like, and what I don't:

I DO like:
- THIN material. I wear 3 finger picks (+Thumb) and I can't have them rub against each other.
- The material (allegedly Titanium)... is almos Spring Metal like... Once bent in shape, the STAY in shape!
- they are LIGHT!

I DON'T like.
- The whole punch outs in the braces can irritate the skin after a while.
- since the material is thin, they have punch-shaped a rounded edge all around the blade and tip... it gives the blade stability and it stays in the shape bent... but it's TOO rounded and it eats some of the clarity. I think it would be not un-benificial to E9th players as they play a LOT on the plain and many thin gauged strings which at times are shrill to start with... but on my B6th and now C6th, I missed some "zzzing"... so I started to look further.

they are on the expensive side of non-vanity picks (there are custom engraved picks for over $50/piece being made)... but I feel they are worth the shot.

... J-D

Was it JFK who said: Ask Not What TAB Can Do For You - Rather Ask Yourself "What Would B.B. King Do?"

A Little Mental Health Warning:

Tablature KILLS SKILLS.
The uses of Tablature is addictive and has been linked to reduced musical fertility.
Those who produce Tablature did never use it.

I say it humorously, but I mean it.