The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dierks Bentley live @the Ryman?
Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2021 8:29 am    

I just watched Dierks Bentley live at the Ryman concert on AXSTV it was a giant bluegrass situation,Once again there was a great steel guitar/Dobro player on a Jackson,The credits rolled by so fast I think that I read the name "Tim Sergeant"is that possible?I salute him!!
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2021 10:01 am    

I didn't see it, but that sounds right to me.

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2273

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2021 10:04 am    

Yes, It was Tim Sergent. Wasn't that nice? First time I really got to see him work out on the resonator. I know he plays banjo and other instruments besides the pedal steel.

I messaged him concerning the What Was I Thinking work and he says he thinks that concert was 2010. Just great stuff. One of the best SoundStage shows I've seen in a while.

Full cast of Bluegrass A teamers.

Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2021 10:49 am    

Jerry,Yes,That was really great playing from everyone,Tim is a really Great player,I've seen him on the forum,but this was the first time I got to hear him play...Just wonderful!!
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2021 1:12 pm    

Before joining Dierks, Tim had played steel with artists like Clay Walker, Ricky Skaggs, and many others. He joined Dierks' band after Gary Morse left the band to tour with Brooks & Dunn. Gary joined Brooks & Dunn's band after their other steel player, Troy Klontz had left the band. Tim has been in Dierks Bentley's band since late 2005.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2021 3:20 pm    

Great history there Brett. I remember seeing Tim playing with Clay Walker on one of the old Nashville Network shows. He was honking pretty good on an original Emmons at that time.

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2021 5:13 pm    

Jerry Overstreet wrote:
Great history there Brett. I remember seeing Tim playing with Clay Walker on one of the old Nashville Network shows. He was honking pretty good on an original Emmons at that time.
Tim has played Emmons, Mullen, and Jackson steels recently. Clay had another great steel player, possibly before Tim joined the band-his name is Teddy Carr, and he left Clay Walker's band and joined the band Ricochet. In '04, I remember Tim was possibly filling in for Terry Bethel, playing steel with Mel Tillis, and they were playing a show at the Alabama Theater and Tim wondered if I was coming to the show, but I had other things going on at the time. In '09, I met Tim when he and Dierks opened for Hank Williams Jr.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger