The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Jordan Boss Clone
John Larson

Pennsyltucky, USA
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2021 5:18 am    

Finished a clone of the classic Jordan Boss Tone in a more versatile enclosure the other day. Best fuzz I have tried on steel yet it absolutely sings!

This has me thinking what are other classic fuzz circuits that work well on PSG?
Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous; praise is meet for the upright. Give praise to the Lord with the harp, chant unto Him with the ten-stringed psaltery. Sing unto Him a new song, chant well unto Him with jubilation. For the word of the Lord is true, and all His works are in faithfulness. The Lord loveth mercy and judgement; the earth is full of the mercy of the Lord.
- Psalm 33:1-5

ajm

Los Angeles
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2021 7:14 am    

John: Is this a circuit that you wired yourself from a schematic on the internet or elsewhere?
Or is this a kit that you assembled?

John Larson

Pennsyltucky, USA
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2021 7:47 am    

I used the pcb from pedalpcb.com.
https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/executivefuzz/

I source components and hardware from Tayda electronics.
Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous; praise is meet for the upright. Give praise to the Lord with the harp, chant unto Him with the ten-stringed psaltery. Sing unto Him a new song, chant well unto Him with jubilation. For the word of the Lord is true, and all His works are in faithfulness. The Lord loveth mercy and judgement; the earth is full of the mercy of the Lord.
- Psalm 33:1-5

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2021 7:44 pm    

I used ProCo Rat's when I played steel in a band. I had older ones and newer ones and couldn't really tell any difference in them. I liked the sound of all of them.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2021 7:47 pm    

I had an old MSA fuzz that they used to mount in some of the old Classic series laying around, so I felt enterprising one day a few months ago and mounted it in a stomp box enclosure and wired it up as a stand alone unit. It was supposed to be a Boss Tone clone and I think it is pretty close.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Glenn Dodd

Long Island, NY
Post  Posted 5 Apr 2021 9:00 pm    

John, Thank you for the PCB link. I just bought one and I will try to build it over the summer.