The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Benoit Guitars Available ***PRICING***
Kenny Davis

Great State of Oklahoma
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2021 10:09 pm    

***Carroll Benoit has asked me to post this for him, as he and the Internet doesn't get along very well!***

Due to health problems, one of his customers has decided to part with three of Carroll's masterpieces. He has asked Carroll to help him with that task. I am posting this to possibly help facilitate the gentleman finding a good home for these great guitars. My only involvement is posting for him and giving Carroll's contact info. Any questions should be directed to Carroll. Besides having the photos, I understand the guitars are located in Colorado. Being a proud owner of a Benoit Resonator for several years, I can attest to his attention to detail and craftmanship!

***b0b: Carroll and the owner are aware of the Forum's policy for a donation if sold here.

Beautiful KOA sides & back, Quarterman cone, and black hardware - $3,500

Figured Walnut guitar, Quarterman cone, unique carved Walnut coverplate & soundscreens, black Gotoh tuning keys, with Abalone frets and headstock inlay - $3,000

Here's Carroll's version of the Weissenborn guitar, the Cajunborne - SOLD!

All Koa, Ebony fretboard with MOP inlay frets & Bethleham Star position markers. Ebony binding and rope style inlay. Ebony bridge with brass saddle and nut - $2,700

Pricing is forthcoming, I will add when available.
Contact Carroll at carroll.benoit@att.net

Last edited by Kenny Davis on 23 Mar 2021 8:11 pm; edited 3 times in total

Brad Bechtel

San Francisco, CA
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2021 6:25 pm    

What are the asking prices for these very beautiful guitars?

Kenny Davis

Great State of Oklahoma
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2021 7:56 pm    

Prices have been added at the end of each instrument's description. Although not mentioned earlier, each includes a hardshell case. These guitars are in exceptional condition, and I understand they have not been played "out" since the gentleman took delivery. Carroll says the Cajunborne guitar is one of 10 that he built. Pricing is set below original cost. I have a full list of items used on each build if someone needs that info...PM me for details.

HowardR

N.Y.C.-Fire Island-Asheville
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2021 8:31 am    

Hey Kenny......it's been a long time and I miss the good old Dallas days when we all hung out.....I'd like to buy The Cajunborne.....I always wanted one but didn't get around to having Carroll build one for me before he retired....I just spoke with him and he's going to call you.....

Those other guitars are beauties and anybody who is looking for some of the highest quality guitars with materials and appointments priced a fair amount below market value (I don't know if there even is a market value for these one of a kind custom builds) should give these serious consideration.......

Kenny Davis

Great State of Oklahoma
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2021 2:13 pm    

Hey Howard, good to hear from you! I miss the Dallas show and the Benoit booth too!

Glad you are getting the little hollow neck, I guess I can hold on to my money a little longer and maybe for something else! Those have a wonderful warm sound, and I would have liked to have owned one.

Enjoy!

HowardR

Post  Posted 31 Mar 2021 1:57 pm    

I received the Cajunborne today and it's in like new, pristine condition....sounds beautiful.....The seller told me that all of his guitars are in new condition and I believe that.......if this were 10 years ago I would have scooped up all three.....

HowardR

Post  Posted 31 Mar 2021 2:00 pm    

Tom Margulies

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2021 7:10 pm     Figured walnut....

Hi Howard

I am interested in the walnut resonator. Would it be possible for me to see some more detailed pictures?

Thanks,

Tom Margulies

HowardR

Post  Posted 12 Apr 2021 8:19 pm    

Hi Tom......I'm not involved with the sale of the guitars.....check with Kenny Davis who originated this post......

Kenny Davis

Great State of Oklahoma
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2021 10:24 am    

Tom Margulies: I'm posting additional pictures you requested...I've sent you PM and email through the Forum so I could send these to you by email, but no response. Hope you are OK!