The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  AmpliTube amp/cabinet settings
Mike Ritchie

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2021 4:01 pm    

Just curious as to what amp and cabinet combo's are working the best for you guys before I purchase a bunch I won't use? For now, I will be using for practice with headphones but you never know.

James Quackenbush

Pomona, New York, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2021 5:46 am    

I haven’t purchased Amplitude 5 yet, but seeing some of the reviews, there must be something in there that can produce a decent clean tone....Have you gone into the Amplitude 5 “Custom Shop” ?

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2021 6:40 am    

I don't have 5 but I have a 4 version that came with Sonar (now Cakewalk). I tried but couldn't come up with something workable for (at the time a Franklin) Pedal Steel, at least for me.

My home studio is mostly closed due to a downsize move so I haven't looked at new plug ins.

Mike Ritchie

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2021 6:52 am    

I have an original iRig and I downloaded the Fender Twin Reverb amp but can't seem to get a good clean sound? Seems like something is slightly overloading but I cannot figure it out yet. I may need to update my interface? Just looking for something portable to practice with right now with headphones.

James Quackenbush

Pomona, New York, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2021 7:04 am    

In a lot of cases, these programs are designed to work with guitar pickups that have considerably less output than pedal steel pickups...Try turning the volume down on your steel, and adjusting the program from there....The pickup might be overdriving the front end of the signal....just a guess....

Mike Ritchie

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2021 7:50 am    

I don't think my Marlen has as much output as some more modern guitars, going to try it on another steel and see if there is a difference. I hope so! Thanks.

Jim Fogle

North Carolina, Winston-Salem, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2021 11:30 am    

You may like ReValver 4. https://www.audiomediaresearch.com/

Originally developed by Peavey, Revalver was acquired by Audio Media Research December, 2019. This is copied from the website:
Quote:
ReValver® models guitar amplifiers, stompboxes and effects at the component level, resulting in unmatched realism, dynamics and tone.
ReValver’s RIR 2 Cabinet Modeling takes convolution cabinet modeling to another level while ACT (Audio Cloning Technology)™ allows incredible instrument modeling on the input and tone matching on the output.
ReValver can also create and load amp clones in our ACT Combo module, making ReValver virtually unlimited.
Expand ReValver even further by hosting 3rd party VST/AU plugins within the software. Take ReValver to the live stage with full MIDI control and GIG Mode for seamless switching between presets.
Download ReValver 4 for free and then browse the Amp Store for a wealth of additional amp/stomp/effects modules, ACT content and bundles. ReValver is available as a stand alone program or as an AAX, VST or AU plug in.

Cakewalk by Bandlab Computer DAW
Zoom MRS-8 8 Track Hardware DAW

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2021 12:59 pm    

I have an older Revalver version. There are no Peavey Steel Guitar amp models (e.g. no Paramid EQ like the steel amps have). I talked to Mike Brown at Peavey about that and the word he relayed back to me was don't look for any as its focused on 6 string guitar amp models.

Jim Fogle

North Carolina, Winston-Salem, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2021 12:40 pm    

Jack,

The "Amp Store" has the Peavey 3120, 6505, 6505+, Classic 30, Masterpiece 50, Sensation 20, and Triple XXX II. https://www.audiomediaresearch.com/revalver-amp-models

Cakewalk by Bandlab Computer DAW
Zoom MRS-8 8 Track Hardware DAW

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2021 1:25 pm    

There's still no "Session" or "Nashville" steel guitar amp model on that list.

Mike Ritchie

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2021 3:30 pm    

I tried the Amplitube Fender Twin Reverb on my Justice guitar (which definitely has a hotter pickup than the Marlen), but to get any kind of satisfying volume level out of my AKG's, I get a lot of noise. I guess I don't understand if it's all simulated, why the noise? I don't get that much noise out of my Nashville 400. I can play direct to headphones out of my Katana 50 watt with very little noise but I figured it was time to get with the 90's and use my Ipad.