The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ronnie P. Miley
Danny Harrell

Livingston, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2021 11:27 am    

I woke up this morning to some bad news on Facebook. My dear friend of many years, Ronnie P. Miley has passed. I've seen several posts on FB this morning but had not seen it here yet so I wanted to post it. Ronnie was one of the best Steel Players. He has toured with some of the greats in Nashville. He had a wonderful fun personality and played multiple instruments well. He and I have been friends for a really long time. I would call him occasionally if I needed some guidance and he was always willing to help. We would always look him up at the Palace when we were in Nashville. He will be missed. RIP RPM.

Pete Finney

Nashville Tn.
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2021 12:13 pm    

Wow, hate to hear this. Ronnie was a super-nice guy and a great player; I saw him play a lot at the Nashville Palace over the years and sometimes was fortunate to sub for him on gigs he couldn't make.

With the pandemic and lack of gigs I think a lot of us have kind of lost touch with more casual pals from the local club scene over the past year (and I'm not on Facebook); had Ronnie been in bad health?

RIP Ronnie

Leo Grassl

Madison TN
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2021 9:57 pm    

This is terrible news. What a talent and what a great guy he was. Ronnie could play everything and he especially played the hell out of a steel. He had an energy in his style that was truly unique and echoed his personality. It always made my night to hear him with the Palace Band. He will be greatly missed. Thanks for posting this Danny and I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. RIP Ronnie

Tommy Shown

Denham Springs, La.
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2021 12:14 am    

I worked with Ronnie in some gigs in the band I was in him and his cousin Jackie. Both talented musicians. I was totally shocked to hear of his paspassaing

Steve Hinson

Hendersonville Tn USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2021 6:21 am     ...sad...

Ronnie was a"triple-threat"for sure...

Played great steel and guitar and sang...

He worked w/Mrs.Hinson for several years in the"Nashville Palace Band"...

Sad news...he will be missed.

SH

billy tam

baton rouge, louisiana
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2021 3:07 pm     Ronnie

Thanks for the post Dan, Very sorry to hear of Ronnie's passing. Very nice guy and multi talented picker on several instruments. Prayers for the family.Billy