The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Pedal Steel Workspace, Laptop Stands
Andy Riedel

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2021 9:28 am    

Would love to see pics of others' work spaces and how they deal with lap top positioning. I put mine on top of my case, but this is requires reaching and craning my neck. A stand that's stable and extends out over the guitar a few inches would be much better. Also wondering what others use for listening/playback from the computer.

I should mention, this is my practice space. I'm just getting started with home recording and I have a proper recording work space set up in another room, but my plan is to record steel tracks in the practice space, since it's easier to move a laptop than a pedal steel guitar.

David Hodan

Denton, Texas; USA
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2021 3:45 pm     Crane

I use a crane https://www.amazon.com/CRANE-Universal-Laptops-Controllers-Graphite/dp/B00CDYHOLO mounted into a re-purposed GFI Pak-Seat. I've done some additional mods since these pictures were taken.

The PakSeat/Laptop comprises a complete DAW that includes multiple sources including BlueTooth and can record the guitar signal dry and wet at the same time. There's an external 4K monitor for charts, or whatever. The PV6BT mixer is the primary sound interface and I use a small touchpad on the guitar leg.

Andy Riedel

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2021 4:37 pm    

Cool setup. Thanks for sharing. I don’t know anything about the software end of all this. I’m just getting around to figuring out the recording thing and I don’t have any kind of band in a box, but once I get comfortable in my space I might want to investigate that.