The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sharp Covers?
Al Evans

Austin, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2021 6:24 am    

Has anybody heard anything from Leann Sharp? She posted a notice on the Sharp Covers web site that she had to move to another state and would be shut down for a month or two. But that was close to a year ago.

Failing that, does anybody else make pedal steel covers as good as hers?

--Al Evans

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2021 7:50 am    

I looked all over and wasn't pleased. I'm having a local upholstery shop make me some that I will pick up later this week. I hope they are as good. Tuki makes nice covers but a bit higher with shipping.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2021 9:26 am    

I've had several TUKI covers and very similar to D2F, and maybe a little better.

Studio Slips (recommended by b0b) did an excellent job on a cover for my Steeler's Choice seat.

Bill L. Wilson

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2021 10:42 am     The Covers.

The last time I emailed Sharp she said she was having trouble getting materials. So I have a friend that makes boat covers and he made one for my LTD for $20. It’s tuff and works great.

Ben Waligoske

Denver, CO
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2021 8:05 am    

Unfortunately I inquired with Sharp a few weeks ago about a custom cover, and haven't heard anything back. Here's hoping they're not gone for good, but may have to look elsewhere for the time being...

Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2021 12:51 pm    

This guy is worth checking out too -- I got him to make me a Red leg bag for my Franklin and he did a great job, really robust material used as well.

https://sfbagwrx.com/
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.

Alan Rudd

Ardmore, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2021 5:20 pm    

I heard from them recently, said it would be a couple more months until their transition/move was complete and then they would meet existing orders...that's all I know. Got an email about it.

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2021 5:41 pm    

I got a similar answer but said they were still looking for a place. That was a couple months back. I hope she can resume the business, but it's been a while since the move.

Rich Upright

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2021 11:29 pm    

Y'all are overthinking it...I just cover my steel with my rod & leg pouch when I'm onstage. Fits perfectly.

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2021 8:03 am    

Bobby Seymour had a good idea some years ago.
He had a combination leg bag and steel cover.
After you took the legs out of the bag and set up your steel you could use the leg bag to cover it.
I had one, it was made out of denim but, foolishly, I let it go along with a steel I sold. Very Happy
Erv

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2021 3:04 pm    

Erv, that was indeed a cool concept. I wonder why it didn't stay around.

Ken Mizell

Lakeland, Florida, 33809, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2021 5:31 pm    

I finally gave up on Sharp and searched on eBay. I found a seller making Pedal Steel Guitar Covers on eBay. Shipping included. Considering free shipping, the cost is quite competitive with Sharp, so I ordered one. He is located in North Charleston, SC. The listed color was black, but the ad said to check for other colors. I got a navy blue cover, well made, looks quite nice too. I don't know if it's OK to post the eBay ad here or not, but just search on eBay and you should find it. There is another seller who sells nice looking leg bags too, for a decent price.

Here is a link to the eBay seller: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pedal-Steel-Guitar-Cover-Custom-Made-Heavy-Duty-Vinyl-Dust-Slip-On-Protector/184034038969?hash=item2ad94894b9:g:ekgAAOSwAhJeONs6

Here is a pic of the one I bought:

Last edited by Ken Mizell on 28 Jan 2021 3:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

Fred Rogan

Birmingham, AL USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2021 5:07 pm    

I have had several amp and steel covers made by Studio Slips and I think they are excellent. The material, fit and all are perfect and they are much faster than others I have ordered from.

Al Evans

Austin, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2021 6:22 am    

Paddy Long wrote:
This guy is worth checking out too -- I got him to make me a Red leg bag for my Franklin and he did a great job, really robust material used as well.

https://sfbagwrx.com/

I decided to give this company a try. I ordered a cover from them on January 18th (easy-peasy, just checked "MSA Legend") and paid via Paypal. I received it *three days later*!

It fits just fine, looks good (black is a great color), and although it's nowhere near as fancy as one from Leann Sharp, it will do the job admirably.

--Al Evans

Leann Sharp

Nashville,Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2021 8:16 pm     Sharp Covers Nashville

We have had an unfortunate series of events happen in our life the last 6 months.
The ranch we lived on sold and we lost our lease.
We moved to where we had a new location to find it was not at all what was advertised. We were homeless for 6 months. Living in motels and with kids, everything we owned in storage units.
We then finally bought a home, closing delayed a month because of inheritance issues.
On our day to move, Cal fell on the ice and broke his hip requiring a hospital stay and surgery. I also broke my ribs trying to assist him.
We had everything moved to this house, just set in the house. I've been trying to get our house set up alone and take care of Cal.
We need and want my business to go on. As soon as I can manage it, we will be up and running again!
We have lost 2 young family members to Covid in the last few months and my Mother died 4 days ago without her children near her.
I apologize for the lack of communication to potential customers. I was hoping for a timeline I could share with you all.
God Bless and best wishes,
We are not done yet!
Leann and Cal Sharp
www.facebook.com/leann.sharp
www.calsharp.com

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2021 8:37 pm    

Thanks for the update Leann. Prayers for you and your family and wishing you all the best.

Take good care of Cal and take care of those ribs.

There are only two options as I see it.
Either I'm right, or there is a sinister conspiracy to conceal the fact that I'm right.

Williams Keyless S-10, BMI S-10, Evans FET-500LV, Fender Steel King, 2 Roland Cube 80XL's,
Sarno FreeLoader, Goodrich Passive Volume Pedals, Vintage ACE Pack-A-Seat

Leann Sharp

Nashville,Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2021 8:42 pm     Thank You!

Trying my best! Thanks Lee!
www.facebook.com/leann.sharp
www.calsharp.com

Frank Freniere

The First Coast
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2021 4:40 am    

Hang in there, Leann - tell C# to get better soon!

You should copy your post over in "Our Extended Family" - people might like to know what's been going on & after all you guys are sorta like family.

Al Evans

Austin, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2021 6:40 am    

I figured something real bad must have happened! Please let us know when you're back in business, I have at least one cover I'd like to order!

--Al Evans

Ken Mizell

Lakeland, Florida, 33809, USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2021 7:38 am    

Leann - Sometimes when it rains, it pours, and y’all have certainly experienced some stormy weather. Y’all hang in there. Keep the faith. This too will pass. I look forward to seeing y’all back in business again.

Kevin Mincke

Farmington, MN (Twin Cities-South Metro) USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2021 8:24 am    

That's almost more than one person/family should have to bear. I'm sorry for your families loss's. Keep the faith, things will get better. Sad

Dave Hopping

Aurora, Colorado
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2021 8:37 am    

"The Last To Know" Department. Had no idea Cal and LeAnn were connected. Cal fixed my avatar pic awhile back, so I owe him one. Hope you guys get all those issues squared away, and soon. It's much more fun when things go right! Winking

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2021 10:09 am     Sharp covers

If you strike out with Sharp, I recommend Tuki Covers.com. Same type material as D2F but with 1/2" foam padding, a flap that goes under the handle, and a velcro strap around the bottom (can use or not use)
They will sew a pouch on the side if you like and no extra charge for custom sizes. Good turnaround time. I've had D2F, which are good covers, but I like Tuki better. Price range is usually $65 to $85 plus $12 shipping.

Ben Lawson

Brooksville Florida
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2021 12:51 pm    

Cal and Leann we miss you and pray everything works out quickly and well. Take care, we'll be here when you're ready.

Doug Earnest

Branson, MO USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2021 1:02 pm    

Leann, I hope the luck your family has been having takes a sharp turn for the better!