The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Missing You
Evelyn Simmons

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2020 11:27 am    

Happy Memories of years past. Missing seeing everyone. Wondering how different ones are doing. How Joe Wright is feeling by now. Thankful for this site. Wondering also if they ever found a home for the plaques. The Hall of Fame ones. My heart is still happy thinking of Scotty and all his work to keep things going until his death. Life is but a vapor.

Sandra Scott-Wall

St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2020 7:06 am    

Dear, dear Evelyn. Your words, at least for me, expressed exactly what I've been feeling. For so many years the Scott's family world had primarily been for the steel guitar, specifically the ISGC and the Hall of Fame. Dad’s passion and brain child of the ISGC brought many, many friends across the world into our lives and I miss each and every one of them. It’s hard to convey how much I looked forward every year to seeing old friends and meeting new ones. I often wonder how so and so is doing and long to see them again. Their names and faces run across my mind frequently and I pray that all are doing well.

When Dad died in September of 2015 not only was I extremely saddened by his loss but I knew the ISGC would be lost too because, in the end, no one could do it but him. We all had our “jobs” (some more than others) but it was always his. He started something that spread worldwide and I hope that everyone will remember that.

God Bless one and all and please stay safe.

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2020 6:09 pm    

Sandra, we remember all of the blessings brought to us by the Scott family and the wonderful ISGC for so many years. Scotty is always on my mind and I dearly miss his presence and of course the shows. Not only the ISGC but the fund raisers at other STL venues. There is no replacement for his tireless efforts to promote the steel guitar and the players. God bless you and all the Scott family, and all our steel guitar families.

Joe Krumel

Hermitage, Tn.
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2020 4:56 am    

Scotty set the bar pretty high. He will always be the "steel guitar ambassador" in my mind. Great memories for sure.