The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Rhythm or Drum machine with Country beats?
Bob Snelgrove

san jose, ca
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2020 5:39 am    

Looking for a stand alone drum or rhythm machine that has good country beats; shuffles, western swing, ballads, etc.

I have an Aleseis SR18 and it seems worthless for country; can't even get a shuffle out of it!

thx

bob

Carl McLaughlin

St.Stephen,New Brunswick,Can
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2020 7:45 am     beat box

I dont know how to do it,but if you can find a musician that understands beats and know how to program,i'm pretty sure you can program in your own styles.
My 2 cents worth.
Now have a SX 6 string lap in G,.A Tele plus telecaster, Larrivee acoustic.Also have a Fender resonator guitar with new Quarterman cone and spider,and an Allan tailpiece.Playing through a Fender Super Champ XD,using a little delay on the amp and a Harmonix Holy Grail Echo pedal,set on Hall turned to about 1pm.Just got a Fender Dual 6 Stringmaster style. Bought a Yamaha FGX5 Recently and love it.

A J Head

Compton Ca
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2020 12:42 pm     Re: Rhythm or Drum machine with Country beats?

Bob Snelgrove wrote:
Looking for a stand alone drum or rhythm machine that has good country beats; shuffles, western swing, ballads, etc.

I have an Aleseis SR18 and it seems worthless for country; can't even get a shuffle out of it!

thx

bob
The SR18 is a fairly simple machine to program and is capable of doing all you want it to with its verse/chorus and fill capabilities. Get the manual and work through it. You also need a foot switch to get the best out of it

Bob Snelgrove

san jose, ca
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2020 1:27 pm     Re: Rhythm or Drum machine with Country beats?

A J Head wrote:
Bob Snelgrove wrote:

thx

bob
The SR18 is a fairly simple machine to program and is capable of doing all you want it to with its verse/chorus and fill capabilities. Get the manual and work through it. You also need a foot switch to get the best out of it

Thanks, I will but I can't even get swing beat out of it!

Asa Brosius

Post  Posted 1 Nov 2020 1:45 pm    

If you have a smart phone, I'd highly recommend 'drum genius'- probably available for a computer too. Its an app, about $10, sounds excellent, adjustable bpm and pitch. The loop samples are great, and the drummer/song and sometimes album and artist are all credited. The focus is not country, although there are a few classic train beats- you may have to dig into the blues, jazz or pop samples to find a shuffle. The best practice tool, for home or touring, when you want more feeling than a click metronome.