The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Jeff Newman Up From the Top Special
Roger Robinson

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2020 5:33 pm    

For anyone looking for a good deal on Jeff Newman lessons, I was looking on the Jeff Newman website this evening and there's an advertised special 'The Science of Pedal Steel Guitar Bundle' for $125. Includes
- A&B Pedals
- D Lever
- F lever
These normally sell for $273. The sale date appears to be ended, but the sale price is still active.

I recently placed two separate orders from this site on Sept. 25 and Sept.30 and each order was delivered complete within 7 days of order with no issues.

Ken Pippus

Langford, BC, Canada
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2020 6:24 pm    

Some guys are just lucky. You should buy a lottery ticket, too.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2020 12:53 am    

Roger, I take it Melissa done right by you. I am sure glad. It is so sad, she had such a good business handed to her. She would have really done great with it. Most I have ordered from her have been good. My last order was really bad, I think I sent you a text on it. How are you coming with your U-12? I'd sure like to come and play around.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Roger Robinson

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2020 5:51 pm    

Jim, I've had good luck with several Jeff Newman orders since late September. I think maybe there were early issues learning to run the business and make it work properly, but now it seems to be running much better based on my recent experience.

The U12 is starting to come together...slowly. I had a few studio lessons before covid and a couple zoom lessons in September. Learning from two great artists with two different perspectives helped me understand the guitar much better. I've started working on some of the Jeff Newman lessons over the past few weeks. One big problem is just finding time to practice. I'm fortunate to be able to work from home 12-14 hour days, so I try to find 2-3 hours on the weekend to work thru lessons and practice. It's slow learning, but a lot of fun.

I'm sure I could learn a lot from you in person, but I'm still hibernating with all the Covid stuff trying not to bring it home to my family. Hopefully, things will get back to normal sooner than later.

Ken Pippus

Langford, BC, Canada
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2020 6:05 pm    

Nope. Recent ones are still a crapshoot.

Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2020 8:36 pm    

Might think about the Paul Franklin Method.

$60 a month for a huge library of video lessons from Paul Franklin, or a yearly fee of $575.

Or the one year E9th course for beginners for $99 is a heck of a deal too.

And you get to participate on the Paul Franklin Method FaceBook page, which offers a truck load of learning from Paul and the other students/members.

The member's FaceBook page alone is worth the price in my book. I have learned so much from the FB member's page.

https://www.modernmusicmasters.com/pauls-page

Shaun Byrne

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2020 5:15 am     Missing Tabs

I ordered a bunch of stuff in September (5th), still waiting...took my money and nothing. I've emailed, PM'd and get no reply. I am in the UK and paid international shipping, really disappointed.