The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Christmas! Package sold out
Johan Jansen

Europe
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2020 6:46 am    

https://www.facebook.com/1386156383/videos/10224444041633695/
[img]
[/img]

Last edited by Johan Jansen on 27 Nov 2020 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Johan Jansen

Europe
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2020 10:36 am    

I will have to make a new edition, they sell very well, wow! Thank you all! Cheers Johan

Johan Jansen

Europe
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2020 8:34 am    

ready to shop. 9nly orders through www.steeljj.com

Johan Jansen

Europe
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2020 5:58 am    

Dear all, Because of the huge expenses for shipping and handling to the USA and Canada, the price, including shipping and handling, will be 100 USD and for Canada CND 100.

I will try to get some packages to this forum in time, but I think it will arrive after Christmas. The postoffices in USA don't work fast these days. Please understand the problems and sorry for the inconviniance... In Europe it will take about 2 weeks.
Cheers, Johan

Johan Jansen

Europe
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2020 9:42 am    

The Christmas TAB Package Questions and Answers
Q What is included in the package?
A The package consists of The CD Beautiful Christmas Songs, A book in which all songs are worked out in TAB and a USB stick with the songs, the backing tracks and learn tracks

Q It's not cheap, why is that?
A A team of people worked on this project. I worked months into arranging and recording ,John Russell, put in many hours of work in this TAB (He TABs also for Sarah Jory and David Hartley ), Saskia vd Vreugt made the entire design of the book and processed everything. Instead of black and white print on an A4 sheet , you get a Full Color glossy book with a ring binder, there is a publishing house, a record company, a printing company… All this has to be paid for. If you look closely, this will cost you about 5 euros per song, a lot less than the 8 euros per song that you pay on average. And then everything in a real book instead of a download

Q What is the difference between your work and a normal TAB book?
A A 1. There are only 2 TAB lines per wide page (Landscape A4). This increases the comfort of reading, you do not have to take your glasses on and off all the time.
2. There is a time code at the TAB, which corresponds to the time of the CD player or USB player, so you can easily find where you left off.
3. Several background colors have been used, so you can see differences between verses, solos and choruses. You see very quickly where you can pick up the song again.
4. There are instructions in 3 languages that have to do with practice and maintenance of your instrument.
5. Beautiful pictures in the book!
6. The songs are coded according to difficulty. 1 Christmas ball: Easy, 2 Christmas balls: more difficult, etc.

Q Do I have to have as many pedals as you do?
A No absolutely not. I played everything in with 3 feet and 4 kneelevers, the basic setup for an E9 Pedal steel guitar.

Q Who is that chick on the couch? 😊
A Please, mind your language 😊 That is my dear and lovely wife, my support and anchor who helped me in the studio and also took care of the tambourine parts 😊

Q Do you offer the book as a download?
A No, I don't. I have put a lot of money and effort into this book, once it is digital, it is lost income for me. It is copyrighted, so the publisher is going to work to track down the illegal copier. The steel guitar world is small, everyone knows everyone and it is "not done"!

Q I don't have PayPal, can I also pay via the bank?
A Yes, if you would like to pay it through a bank transfer, you can request an account number from me via johan@steeljj.com

Q Will there be a sequel?
A Yes, no Christmas songs, we are in the process of putting another CD (Country Love Songs) in TAB in the same way.

Q Isn't it too difficult for me?
A A I wrote this book with the beginning steel guitarist in mind, who can quickly play a Christmas song with a beautiful backing!

Q Can she cook ?
A Yes, I have a weight problem for a reason 😊

Q What does the support consist of?
A If you encounter uncertainties or errors in the book, you see inaccuracies or whatever, I will try to help you. This can be done via email and / or via Skype. It will not be a steel guitar lesson, but a help with the book and the tracks.

Q What if I accidentally delete the USB stick?
A In any case, I recommend that you save the content on a hard drive (for your own use) .If there are problems, I will send you a download file of the content of the stick by email

Q Why so much shipping costs?
A A The entire package weighs approximately 800 grams, in many cases it must be shipped insured. Abroad, we sometimes also have customs costs etc

Q Do I absolutely need a computer?
A No! As long as you have another device that can play the USB stick. Many modern appliances now have a connection. I myself use an Omnitronic DMP 102 USB player, a device that DJs also use. Easy to operate, even with fingerpicks on your hand. Recommended!

Q What is a learntrack?
A Besides the normal backing tracks (the tracks that I made, but where I left out the steel guitar) there are 12 learn tracks. This includes a metronome, so you can easily count and know where to start or fill in.

Q Can I also order the CD separately?
A Yes, IN THE WEBSHOP at www.steeljj.com

Q Is it allowed to perform with your backing tracks?
A A Well… it is my material, so not in public. Unfortunately I cannot verify that.
Of course you can use them at home, to let your family and friends hear and see what you can play!

Edward Efira

California, USA
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2020 4:51 pm    

Hi Johan,
is there a download only option?

Johan Jansen

Europe
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2020 7:32 pm    

Edward Efira wrote:
Hi Johan,
is there a download only option?

No, There is not, see Q and A 😀

Johan Jansen

Europe
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2020 11:33 am    

It will not be available through this steelguitarforum, and die to the whole election- post- problems, i have no idea if it will arrive before Christmas. Sorry about that. Cheers, Johan

Gwyndaf Williams

Wales United Kingdom
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2020 7:56 am    

Received mine yesterday, got to say what a professional classy xmas package, well worth the money