The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  SPARK AMP test-Yes more
Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2020 11:53 am    

More SPARK amp testing. Is it for STEEL GUITAR? Well, it's only a practice amp, remember that. For players that are new and can't pay a lot, plus light and 40 watts. Two 4" speakers. Lots of sample amps built in, tuner and delays, reverbs, modulation effects. Bluetooth, sample tracks to practice with (even Country tracks).

Again, it looks like so far it would be a good enough practice amp and very light weight. I've posted some of the info on this before, but this is another video sample. BTW...I'm over driving my iPhone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKmdqA8mMZk

Here again is an audio example of me recording with the SPARK.
https://clyp.it/irejmqck

Ron

Last edited by Ron Hogan on 8 Jul 2021 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nicholas Cox

California, USA
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2020 4:06 pm     Spark

I got one. I found a couple nice effects on it and I think you can make it sound pretty damn good for steel. At 11.4 lbs including all your effects it’s pretty amazing. Probably won’t use it with the band but for playing alone or jamming with a buddy these little amps are perfect! I mainly just use reverb and sometimes delay but there’s also a pretty nice tube overdrive, chorus, and compression. I’m happy with it.

Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2020 8:27 pm    

Nicholas,
Go to the cloud ans search steel guitar Hogan. You'll be able to try one of my tones with effects.

Michael Stephens

South Hadley, MA
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2020 2:57 am    

Thanks for sharing these clips - sounds pretty good! I play steel sometimes in what is mostly an acoustic jam situation and this would work very well.

Michael J Pfeifer

New York NY 10036
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2021 9:16 am     Spark amp

Is the sound distortion free with the volume half way up?

Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2022 5:33 am    

Here's a reply I made to a fellow SPARK owner to help him tweak it.

Do you have it set on "acoustic" not "Clean"? You would think clean was the way to go but not true for me.

Also, did you go to the cloud to try out my settings? Search "Hogan" and it should pull up about 5 tones/amps.

Every time you turn the SPARK off, it will return back to where the knobs were originally from my original saved settings. You have to move the particular knob to a different location to change the setting to your liking.

Of course, turn either bass or and highs up and down. Remember that the speakers sound different vs. just using the headphone jack. The HP jack sound has more highs, so adjust accordingly.