The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  RISGA meeting?
Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2020 10:10 am    

Daes anny one know whar is going on with R I Steel guitet association.When are we going to have a meeting so I can get my new hats.Call me at 1-401-320-8563 --Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Jim Rice

Littleton, Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2020 9:10 am    

Hi Sam good to hear from you. I thought someone had called you to tell you about or meeting tomorrow. I think Josephine will be there with hats, but several players have told me they are not attending. i will most likely not be there.

The Tiverton VFW has reopened on a limited basis and we have made arrangements to have a meeting and jam on Sunday August 23 at 12:00 - 3:30.
However:
There are specific required protocols in place for your safety including:
Do not attend if you are not feeling well, or think you have been in contact with someone who has been exposed.
Everyone must have a mask when they go into the room and put it on if they move around. You may remove the mask while playing.
For the Jam, we will set up 6 feet from each other and maintain that distance. If you get up to visit another player you must have your mask on.
Do not bring pot luck items. We will provide food.

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 24 Aug 2020 4:38 am    

Yesterday, 8/23 RISGA held its first meeting since last February with President Jim Rice remotely on speaker phone. It was decided to cancel the October 3rd steel guitar show. It was a fun time. The low attendance allowed more solos plus a drum machine and Elaine Ellis on bass. The next meeting is scheduled for November 22.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2020 11:57 am     Sam White

Hi Every one,Anna and I will see how Novemder works out.November 27 th is my Birthday yes Im old 84 years Young.I will stay in touch with all you People . Sam and Anna White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2020 6:29 am     Sam White

We will play it by eare come November.We have to be saf than sorry.We miss all the Steel shows ans it is better to be safe than sorry.We are hopping fore the beest.We are hopping fore the Best Sam White and Anna White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2020 6:29 am     Sam White

We will play it by eare come November.We have to be saf than sorry.We miss all the Steel shows ans it is better to be safe than sorry.We are hopping fore the beest.We are hopping fore the Best Sam White and Anna White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2020 6:46 am     Sam White

I have been practicing around 30 to 40 Steel songs or more so I/M readdy to go fore it.Sam White

Jim Rice

Post  Posted 27 Sep 2020 4:10 am    

Hey Sam good to hear from you. Glad to hear you working on the songs. Can't wait to hear you play a few!

I agree it's tough not being able to get together and jam and talk, but as you say, better safe than sorry. I hope things are better by November 22, but we will still encourage each member to decide for themselves whether it's safe for them. Things will get back to normal eventually, but it could be a while.

In the mean time work on your songs and also the 12 bar blues in A. I'm working on the lyrics for "Waiting on a Vaccine Blues".

Go a verse?

Say Hi to Anna for me.

Jim

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2020 2:01 pm     Sam White

i have neen playing a lot off Mike Sweenies songs and I will also have a lot of others ready to pray.I go in at lees twie a day and practice for about twice two horea day.Nnna said Im doing a good Jog.Hope to see you all in November.Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2020 10:10 am     Sam White

Hi Jim Rice I have some bad new for every one.I done ealot damage to my left hand and may not not ge able to plat my steel.I went to the hospital and my hand is all swelled up like a ballone.I can not remember what I did to it.I went to hospital and they gave me thry dave me small pills.I will try to make it.Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2020 10:10 am     Sam White

Hi Jim Rice I have some bad new for every one.I done ealot damage to my left hand and may not not ge able to plat my steel.I went to the hospital and my hand is all swelled up like a ballone.I can not remember what I did to it.I went to hospital and they gave me thry dave me small pills.I will try to make it.Sam White

Dan Kelly

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2020 2:13 pm    

Sorry to hear the news, Sam. I wish you a fast recovery. I can imagine Anna will be taking very good care of you!

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2020 3:52 am    

Hi Sam, Your health is priority #1. Hope you are better before the Nov. 22 RISGA meeting.

Jim Rice

Post  Posted 19 Oct 2020 3:22 pm    

Wow, Sam - Please take care of your self and do what the doctors tell you to do. Hopefully you'll be better soon and can get back to playing those Ray Price shuffles!

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2020 4:37 am     Sam White

I have some good news.I playes 25 sonds yesterday and it worked out just like nothen happend.It is very sore but it did not heart when I played all those songs.God is with me thank God.Se you all at the Meating and Jam.Sam White.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2020 10:37 am     Sam White

Hy every one I will have to cool it until next time.I have a large dall on my left arm where the mussel is and I have to waite fore it to go wown,Hopelly it will go back to normal buy mest meeting.I still play a little untill it goes down.
Sam White

Jim Rice

Post  Posted 21 Nov 2020 5:55 pm    

The November 22 Meeting and Jam have been cancelled!

It was on the RISGA Facebook page.

Please stay safe everyone!

We'll plan another one, so keep practicing.

Jim[/u]

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2020 7:29 am     Sam White

I will keep on practising.I did back otf ome.I,m now back practicing all most to normel.Keep on playing.Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2020 7:29 am     Sam White

I will keep on practising.I did back otf ome.I,m now back practicing all most to normel.Keep on playing.Sam White

Peter Hart

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2021 5:10 am    

Hello Sam, hello everyone!
I know it's been a long time since we have all gotten together and played. I miss those times as I'm sure all of you do too.
As much as we all hate to be isolated from one another it seems the wisest thing we can do at this time.
I am also looking forward to the day when we can all get together again and have our meetings, play our music, feast on our "pot luck" dinners, plan our next show, and just enjoy each others company.
Those were good times.
They will be back.
Be patient.
Be safe.
Better days are ahead! Smile
God Bless you all!

Pete - RISGA Secretary

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2021 5:34 am    

Hello RISGA members, Barring an unforeseen precautionary order, "Dueling Country" with Elaine Ellis on bass, Mike O`Handley on drums, Roger Trahan on steel & yours truly on steel will play the Tiverton, RI VFW on Sunday, January 17th 6-9pm. Masks and social distancing is required. Food & drinks etc/$6.00 admission.