The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Fender Stringmaster on Reverb
Paul McEvoy

Baltimore, USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2020 2:49 am    

Price seems good

1950's Fender Stringmaster Dual 8, 24.5" Scale Length Blonde With Legs Free Shipping https://reverb.com/item/35099224-1950-s-fender-stringmaster-dual-8-24-5-scale-length-blonde-with-legs-free-shipping

Norman Evans

Tennessee
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2020 7:38 am    

After market leg sockets all cobbled up, body and tuning pans drilled full of holes, pickup plate messed up. Ugh!

Paul McEvoy

Baltimore, USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2020 8:05 am    

wouldn't a nice one cost a lot more than this? It looks like a playable instrument (not that I'm buying it).

Norman Evans

Tennessee
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2020 8:16 am    

It does look playable and a nice one would cost more, but I wouldn't pay a thousand dollars for this one.

Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2020 10:20 am    

$600 maybe, if there was a decent tweed case. Besides, what kind of douchebag sells a guitar for $999?

Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2020 12:08 pm    

I dunno - a grand for a mostly intact medium-scale Stringmaster with shipping included doesn't sound like an outlandish starting price to me. It does say offers considered, and I dunno where you're gonna find a working Stringmaster D8 like this for $600. Lemme know if you see one, I might be interested.

Agreed it would be better if it had an original case, or at least some hard case. This one is not a closet queen so I don't think an original case is essential. But something to protect the guitar. So I'd be inclined to try to dicker the price of a case if I really wanted this.

BTW - it is generally considered bad form to post links to ebay/reverb/etc. sales from the For Sale section of the forum unless you are actually attempting to drive traffic to it. In that case, you would be liable for a finder's fee if a forum member buys the item - quoting from forum rules - https://steelguitarforum.com/agree.html
Quote:
Use of the Classified Ads section to drive traffic to ads on other sites (e.g. EBay, Reverb, Craigslist, etc.) is subject to a 2.5% finders fee if the auctioned item is bought by a Forum member.

I think the better approach would be to post this in the regular discussion section for this kind of thing - in this case, Steel Without Pedals.