The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Looking for a good amp.. hoping for a trade deal in Texas
Jon Chaney

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2020 2:23 pm    

I have an early 2000's Gibson Dobro F60 (roundneck, made in USA), and/or a Carr "the bloke" guitar amp I am hoping to make a trade deal for a quality steel amp.

I would assume the Dobro would be the more appropriate item for the forum here. I believe it worth about $1000.

The Carr amp I have up for sale at $1700.

I live in central Texas and would prefer to meet in person rather than a shipping deal if possible.

I'm open to ideas regarding the steel amp.

Thanks, and I will send pics to anyone interested.

Jon

Gary Sill

Mt. Zion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2020 9:10 pm     I have a brand new Quilter Steelaire in stock

Gary Sill
Sill Music Supply
217-433-7455
A beautiful Laquer Mullen G2, 2 Nashville 112's, Evans 10" R150 Amp,1982 Emmons Push Pull D-10, Hilton Pedals, 12/8 MSA Superslide, Green LDG Sho-Bud-Owned by Lloyd, S-6 Fender 1956 Lap. , Gretsch Country Gentleman, red Gibson 2019, ES 335, Quilter, Gretsch Resonator, Eastman Mandolin

Tommy Huff

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2020 1:25 pm     amps

hi Jon, I have 4 good amps on the forum in amps and accessories for sale. I am open to trades but I don't need a dobro or carr amp.....what else might you have for trading I live in Willis near conroe and would be willing to drive some instead of shipping...check out my amps or give me a call thanx Tommy 361-244-3624

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2020 4:39 am    

Jon,
just curious what part of Central Texas are you in? I work in Temple on weekends. Always nice to find players in my neck of the woods. I might could help you out or if not I know someone down here that can.

Thanks, and I will send pics to anyone interested.

Jon[/quote]
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!