The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Jeff Newman finger picks
Lavon Chappell

The Heart of Dixie
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2020 9:51 am    

James Sission wrote:
Ok, are these the ones you're after?

Yes

James Sission

Sugar Land,Texas USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2020 10:41 am    

Send b0b a donation of an amount you think is fair. I don't need to know the amount, then PM an address where you want me to send them.

Lavon Chappell

The Heart of Dixie
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2020 11:15 am    

James Sission wrote:
Send b0b a donation of an amount you think is fair. I don't need to know the amount, then PM an address where you want me to send them.

I will do

Lavon Chappell

The Heart of Dixie
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2020 12:55 pm    

James Sission wrote:

Donation sent. Thanks

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2020 2:25 pm    

Received. Thank you, gentlemen! Very Happy

James Sission

Sugar Land,Texas USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2020 3:22 pm    

Awesome. Lavon, if you sent me your address, I did not get it. If you want to send it to my email that might be better. I will send the picks to you Monday.

Telecasterplayer1 (at) Yahoo (dot) com

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2020 4:31 am    

Lavon Chappell wrote:
James Sission wrote:

Donation sent. Thanks

Lavon,
that was awfully kind of James, and I know b0b definitely appreciates it too... and I can understand your frustration. I have one set of,,,DUNLOPS LOL that Charlie Norris spent a good half hour custom bending to fit my fingers back in 2001 or so when I first started taking lessons from him. He used pliers, needle nose pliers, itty bitty jeweler's pliers, and I don't know what all else. These picks fit better and are more comfy than any other set I've ever tried to bend myself.I'm gonna be lost if and when something happens to them. Amazing that after several moves, a 12 year hiatus away from steel, etc. that I still have this set and have never yet, upon the occasional pick popping off my finger and into the floor, stepped on one in the process of tracking it down. (knock on wood) I've got various other brands and configurations but none fit and play like these. I guess I need to make myself find another set I can live with eventually so if one of these is lost or breaks I can still go on living lol but yes we get used to certain things and we like what we are used to. I'm glad you found another set.
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!