The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Emmons Black Rock
Jerry Van Hoose

Wears Valley, Tennessee
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2020 6:06 am    

I rarely keep more than one guitar so, I’ve decided to let this one go. It’s an Emmons Black Rock, 3 & 4 w/original single coil pickup & Emmons PP aluminum pedal bar. The guitar was completely rebuilt by Lynn Stafford. Then, I wanted a slight copedant change and setup by Mike Cass about 3 months ago. The mica is gloss black and original w/one small scratch, located on the mica top behind the 5th or 6th fret that won’t even show in the pictures. All of the aluminum polishing, end plates, keyhead & pedalboard are “jewelry-like” quality. The pedals & knee levers are smooth, exact and have positive feel stops. It has a standard Emmons setup. The Emmons fretboard is gloss black & chrome, custom made by Jim Palenscar. The serial number is “127BR” and castings on the bottom of the pedals are stamped “5095”. The undercarriage is as beautiful as the top. I liken it to a fine Swiss watch. The case is brand new, custom built by Hugh Briley and features interior blocks which are an exact fit and prevents the changer & keys from touching anything. Also, new leg & rod pouch. The guitar hasn’t been out of the case since the pictures were recently taken The guitar has the original Emmons metal nameplate. I placed small, thin rubber o rings between the pedal bar and leg clutches to prevent any scratches that can easily be removed in only a few seconds. The pedal bar is attached with easy to use small plastic knobs with metal inserts but I will include the original metal wing nuts. The changer is the “bolt on” design and the guitar has the original maple neck. The guitar has both, a volume & tone control which are clean, no scratchy noise which I usually leave turned, “full on”. The pedal bar is equipped to hold an Emmons fixed pin pedal. This guitar is exceptional in every way, has the traditional PP tone, very quiet original single coil pickup and sustains very, very well. It’s weight is such that a 5th knee could be added due to the original metal legs and optional aluminum pedal board. My price is based on playability, tone, overall condition and possibly even rarity. I’ll let the following picture or pictures speak for themselves. Price is $2750, insured & shipped lower 48. I’ll ship anywhere, even out of the country for exact/additional shipping cost. Guitar & case will be in original cardboard carton and then placed in larger container for safe shipping.

Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2020 10:08 am    

Nice Emmons here right color too!!

Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2020 3:36 am     Emmons S-10

Looks like a nice case by Hugh Briley also.

Jerry Van Hoose

Wears Valley, Tennessee
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2020 5:18 am    

Thanks, Johnie & Tommy. Yes, Hugh’s cases are awesome. This one is so compact too, smaller than a regular ST10 case. If I don’t sell the guitar, I’m going to have a cover made for the case. The guitar sounds as good as any PP I’ve ever played. The knees & pedals are so smooth, I can play in my socks. I wouldn’t mind keeping it, not many around like it, especially in this condition. Smile

Gary Sill

Mt. Zion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2020 4:53 pm     What a nice looking Emmons you have Jerry

I am sure you will not have this steel very long. Jerry is a fine gentleman and I have done business with Jerry in the past. Trust what Jerry says.
Gary Sill
A beautiful Laquer Mullen G2, 2 Nashville 112's, Evans 10" R150 Amp,1982 Emmons Push Pull D-10, Hilton Pedals, 12/8 MSA Superslide, Green LDG Sho-Bud-Owned by Lloyd, S-6 Fender 1956 Lap. , Gretsch Country Gentleman, red Gibson 2019, ES 335, Quilter, Gretsch Resonator, Eastman Mandolin

Jerry Van Hoose

Wears Valley, Tennessee
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2020 6:55 pm    

We’ve returned a month early this year to our home in Florida and I brought this little guitar with me. It is virtually better than new, sustains and sounds as good or actually better than any PP I’ve owned. This evening, I took it out of the case, set it up and plugged it into my new Fender Twin Reverb Tone Master. It sounds incredible...I’ve got to keep it. The compact size too is definitely a plus for me. Besides, I’ll never find another to match the excellent condition of this one. I also have 2 Emmons volume pedals that are like new as well. Thanks everyone for looking and for your consideration. Please close this ad at the Forums convenience.