The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  1981 ISGC Program Needed
Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2020 4:05 pm    

Hey fellow steelers,

I am looking for a copy of the player schedule from the 1981 International Steel Guitar Convention.

I have lost mine somewhere.

I just discovered that I still have my audio tapes from that show, but they are not in order.

If any of you attended and are a collector of the programs, I would sure appreciate your making a copy of the schedule and emailing it to me.

bferguson1947@gmail.com

I will be very grateful to you.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2020 6:40 pm    

I sent this to your email Bill. My test email sent it to my junk mail, so look there if not in your inbox.

I'll post it here as well. This is just the player schedule. If you need more of the program, I'll have to work out something else. JO.

I found this post that has a lot of pictures of some performers at this convention too. Look at the faces..see how young everybody looked. Wow Exclamation I just noticed Frank had posted a copy of the lineup in this thread too, so I didn't need to. Oh well....
https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=290116&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2020 5:24 am    

Thank you SO MUCH
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2020 7:16 am    

Least I could do. I enjoy your archives of our heroes performances so much. Happy to help out.

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2020 2:14 am    

1981 was my first time to attend the ISGC. Louie Hallford took me and I was like a kid in a candy store. I still have great memories of the Sound Factory Band playing for 4 hours. I took the Newman course as well. Thanks for posting that program.

Tom Keller

Greeneville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2020 3:19 pm    

Wow, That was a great line up! I wish I could of been there.

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2020 11:23 am    

Jerry, thanks for posting the program, I only played that show once and couldn't remember what year it was. Thankfully I played early Sunday morning so not many people were up, but that was probably the most nervous I've ever been.

Bill or anyone, if you happen to have a recording of my set, I would love to have a copy. If anyone happens to have a picture or two that would be great too.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2020 11:40 am    

You're welcome Jim. I'm sure you did just fine. I remember enjoying this convention, as I did all of them, but of course can't call to mind how anything sounded specifically.

It will be good to hear whatever portions Bill chooses to post. Thanks to him, we can be there again.

I hope the Scott's don't mind me posting the programs here. If they do, I will remove them.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2020 11:53 am    

Jim, I do have that recording. I am working on the 1981 tapes now, so give me a few days and it will be posted. You should be able to download it from YouTube.

If not, get in touch with me and I will send you a file transfer. bferguson1947@gmail.com

Jerry,
I see no reason that the Scott's would object to posting programs.
I have permission from Scotty and the players to post everything I have, eventually.
And now with the show being gone, it also helps keep the memory of Scotty alive.

Bill

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2020 12:11 pm    

Thanks for this Bill and for everything you're doing for keeping our instrument alive!