The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  TT15 coming next week
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2020 11:30 am    

My new Toneblock 202 is a little edgey on the high strings With my 1501 so this new speaker with a cloth dome should cut that. I have a closed back Walker style cab so we will see, stay tuned.

If you have not taken a look at the Travis instructional site, DO

Phone: 971-219-8533

Larry Robbins

Fort Edward, New York
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2020 4:05 pm    

I recently got the toneblock combo with The TT-12 and i like it. I also put one of the TT-15”s in an old Fender Steelking and it really woke that amp up. Love the 12” and the 15”

Richard Lotspeich

North Georgia
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2020 6:32 pm    

Need to try the 202 with a Wheelhouse 12. I was not thrilled with the whole kit to start with. Put the Wheelhouse in and had more volume,and the tone is unbelievable.

Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2020 9:01 am    

Got the speaker, put it into a Walker style cab, is works great. It is similar to my 1501 DT BW but I bought it anyway, you never know until you try it yourself with your gear. The large cloth dome helps to soften the highs vs the chrome dome of the 1501, this is a good thing as the vintage setting on the 202 with the highs turned up can be a little edgey.

Larry Hamilton

Keller, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2020 2:22 pm    

Larry, do what you have to do, but try the PF400 (15”) or PF 350 (12”)..Kind of rolls off the highs that you cant ever seem to do with the EQ. Love my little Walter amp and speakers.

Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2020 9:04 pm    

I blocked 3 of the 4 front ports and cut a 10x6 opening in the back, less boxy now. Clean is an understatement. Plugged in my 1501 just to compadre, the TT15. Wins hands down.