The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Southern California lost a great lady, Miss Donna Thomas.
LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2020 9:09 am    

One more bright star in heaven, Miss Donna Thomas Martin who in her day was a super Entertainer Artist. I will truly miss her as I cry again for another lost to me. R.I.P.Donna for I will keep your name alive as long as I live here on earth. aka SwampWater Fox

Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 1 May 2020 11:44 am    

Leo, I'm sorry to hear this. I liked Donna a lot and also her leadman, he sang country music with a Massachusetts accent. Buddy was his name but I can't remember his last. I can hear Donna any time I want as I have a cassette tape of a Sunday show I did playing steel & mandolin with her at the Cowboy over next to the 5 (Santa Ana) freeway about 37 or 38 years ago.... What was her husband's name, if he's still around please give him my best. RIP Donna, you were one of the nice ones.....JH in Va.

Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 5 May 2020 7:49 pm    

I'm sorry to learn this. Back in the late 70s, before I started playing steel, I played lead guitar for her on some of her gigs. I recall that she was always very nice.

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2020 9:15 am    

Hey Jerry,Danny Martin was his name and he passed away many years ago after he & Donna got married. Buddy Cristie was Donna's lead guitarist. He passed away also many years ago. With in two months we lost Larry Bales, Dean Lane,Bobby Garlin & my good friend Joe Diffie. Prayers are in from me to all. Be safe & be Happy til God calls you home as he will me too some day. aka SwampWater Fox still knocking at the doors of Traditional Country Music with my own style of playing. Winking