The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Does anyone in the WV area own this bass?
John Lang

Las Vegas, Nevada
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2020 8:53 am    

I am helping this lady try and track down this Fender bass. If you know anything at all, you can contact me or Mallory on FB. Thank you.

Mallory Zembower

Attention friends:

As most of you know, my dad recently passed away. He had a Fender Bass that meant a lot to my brother and I. We were informed that he had given it to a pawn shop and it was subsequently sold. I was wondering if anyone knows how to make something go “viral” in an attempt to locate the person who purchased it and buy it back. It was sold at the J&S Pawn and Guns in Ridgeley, WV. The address is 64 Potomac Ave, Ridgeley, WV 26753. Do you think I should post something here and hope everyone can share it? Or, would Craigslist be a good idea? Let me hear ideas. (Please feel free to share this if you think it could help.) I know this is a long shot, but I’m desperate to find that bass.

Thanks.

David Nugent

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2020 9:52 am    

Unless there is a record of the serial number, Craigslist may not be the best choice as you will have no means to verify that it is indeed the instrument that you are seeking to recover (in which case, you will most likely be contacted by every party who views your ad and has one to sell) ..Appears to be a 'Musicmaster' model which is somewhat more rare and may help to narrow your search.

Last edited by David Nugent on 22 Apr 2020 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Bobby D. Jones

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2020 3:59 pm    

I would contact the pawn shop first. Since most pawn shops put the serial number on paper work and receipts, If the item has a serial number they are dealing with. That way if something is stolen they can track it, Who they got it from and who they sold it to.
I think WV requires serial numbers on pawn transactions.
The pawn shopo may want paid something for their time to look it up. If you don't have the serial number, That would be a way to get the guitars serial number.
Good Luck in finding daddy's guitar.

Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2020 8:46 am    

John, good luck on finding that Fender Musicmaster bass. They're good little instruments for sure. I have one of them which is an exact copy (finish and all) of the one you're looking for but I bought it in Virginia Beach around 1991 or so. Hope you find yours.....JH in Va.

Donnie Stephens

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2020 9:26 am     Fender Bass

Put an ad on Facebook Market place! I know a couple of people who has had luck with this! Sorry about your Dad!