The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Considering selling the company
Jerry Fessenden

Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2020 9:08 am    

I have been considering selling my guitar company. This is a good time to turn it over to a younger person . I have many parts as well as good suppliers .

Fred Glave

McHenry, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2020 2:32 pm    

Wow, I wish you the best. I hope the new owner maintains your level of quality!

Eddy Dunlap

Nashville, Tn
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2020 2:12 pm    

Don't sell it overnight, my friend! Whoever would be the new luthier would have a ton to live up to. Jerry builds one of the best sounding pedal steels on the market today and I'm a big fan. Not only that, he's been a valuable friend and has helped others along with fellow builders over the course of a few decades. From ZB, Dekley, and Sho-Bud to his own guitars... he's one of the few who bridge the gap for the golden era to today.

Larry Bell

Englewood, Florida
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2020 2:49 pm    

Just wanted to add my thanks to Jerry for being a valuable resource and just a great guy to talk to in the 20+ years I've played Fessenden guitars.

Haven't talked to you in a while, buddy. Hope you reconsider, but nobody deserves a peaceful retirement more than you.

I've been fortunate to have had some great builders make me a guitar through the years. Starting with Maurice & Jerry Anderson and Bud Carter at MSA, then Bruce Zumsteg, and Jeff Surratt. Jerry Fessenden rides very comfortably in the company of these masterful builders who were/are also masters of customer service and relations.

Jerry built me two guitars in the late 90s-early 2000s. I play a pretty souped up 12 string with 8x8 and he got all the details right -- Crawford cluster fit like a glove from the get-go. And the one I still have has been a workhorse AND it sounds GREAT. I love a TrueTone pickup in a Fessy.

Thanks again, Jerry -- it was a fun ride.

Very Happy

Ross Shafer

Petaluma, California
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2020 6:33 am    

Best of luck with the sale Jerry! I too hope someone young jumps in! We need more youth in our numbers...players and builders alike!!