The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Online web cam lessons
David Anderson

St. Louis, MO, USA
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2020 10:44 am    

Hopefully you and your family are safe and comfortable in these uncertain times. Like some of you, our family's day to day lives has changed drastically. My wife is an educator and is gearing up to start their school's massive undertaking of online lesson learning. Luckily, their school was set up and prepared to do this in advance.

My current day job has come to a halt for the unforeseeable future. My shop work has stopped as well, and I can no longer have clients come by with guitars to fix. Luckily, I am able to contribute something from my home that can help others, as well as our family.

I am currently offering live, online, web cam instruction for guitar, bass, pedal steel, banjo, and lap steel. These lessons are done through the app Zoom and can be payed for via Venmo. Lessons are $20.00 per half hour, or $40.00 per hour. All styles and levels of skill are welcome. Scheduling is very flexible.

I've been teaching music off and on since 1992 and with every hurdle that life has thrown me, I have been able to fall back on teaching in some sort of fashion. Now is no exception, and I am grateful to be able to create a stream of income during these unprecedented times. I know some of you are in the same position and are struggling to balance this new life that has been forced on you. If for some reason you or a family member would like lessons, but simply can't afford it, please send me a message. I would be happy to work with you and help provide some normalcy in this bizarre circumstance.

Please stay safe,
Thanks!
Dave

David Anderson

St. Louis, MO, USA
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2020 8:26 pm     web cam videos

You can check out some examples from way back when I taught with http://www.onlinelessonvideos.com/Dave-Anderson/

All lessons can be reordered by the user and tabs can be made available and emailed post lesson. PM for details.

Thanks, stay safe!

David Anderson

St. Louis, MO, USA
Post  Posted 8 Apr 2020 10:56 am     Web Cam Lesson Videos

Take this post down Bob, there has been zero response since the initial post over three weeks ago. I'm not sure who this community is serving, but apparently I am not apart of the group. I hope you all stay healthy and safe. I hope you aren't facing financial issues. Try to be empathetic to those around you that might be, in your community. Good luck

Bill McCloskey

Nanuet, NY
Post  Posted 8 Apr 2020 11:02 am    

Dave, this is the first I have seen this post, and I have posted about wanting online lessons for weeks. In fact I just did a lesson with Johnny Cox.

Maybe you are just posting in the wrong place

Bob Bestor

Ashland, OR
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2020 8:43 pm    

Sorry that no one has taken Dave up on his offer. I purchased his "West Coast Back Up for E9" last year and found it be an excellent lesson. I'd sign up right now but times are tough and I'm out of work. Hopefully soon I'll be able to. In the meantime best of luck Dave.

Allen Alldredge

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2020 8:03 am    

Dave, I've just found your post and will be contacting you for a lesson or two

David Anderson

St. Louis, MO, USA
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2020 8:09 am    

Thanks Allen. I look forward to it! Dave