The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  What's the steel gig scene in Tucson like these days?
Michael Johnstone

Sylmar,Ca. USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2020 8:27 pm    

I spent a couple years in Tucson some time back and am considering relocating out of L.A. and Tucson is on the list of possible locales. Just wondering about the currant live music scene in general and steel gigs in particular and not necessarily country. Any insights would be appreciated.

Mark Perrodin

Tucson Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2020 5:48 pm     tucson

tucson is a great town for music, covid notwithstanding. club congress or exo are super venues. downtown tucson is now a madhouse lined with clubs. the local government has pushed hard to revitalize the area and so there is always something to do. we have some good players here too, such as neil harry, steve english, chuck back, rich brennion and jake jakerson. . i can't speak to the kind of gigs available because i haven't played pro for awhile (as a bassist).if you want some great mexican food and want to have a good night out you can't go wrong here. it's relaxed and still has some very rural suburbs. if you
decide to stop by look me up and we'll hit the best dive mexican restaurant on south 4th ave.
mark